5 . JACKET

Ashleigh's POV

I woke up several times in the night, not knowing why. My thoughts held me awake and it was really hard to fall asleep again. When my alarm went off in the morning, I saw that Jessica texted me if I could give her a ride to school. She sent me her adress while I pulled my black skinny jeans over my butt. Black shoes, black bag, and a white top. This time I did not forget packing pencils in my bag. On my way to the door I grabbed an apple. I walked over to my car and remembered yesterday. ,,The jacket!", I groaned at myself and walked back into the house to get it.

-

,,Morning Ash.", Jessica muttered getting into the car. I noticed her puffy eyes. She's obviously not yet very long awake.
,,Morning..", I said not knowing if I should mention yesterday.
,,So...", she said.
,,So...", I copied her.
Both of us laughed.
,,Okay, why are we doing this haha? I understand if you don't want to talk about it, but you need to know that Zach thinks he's the reason you left yesterday.", she said noticing his jacket in the back of my car.
Maybe it's good that he thinks that. But also it's not. He wasn't the reason I left yesterday. It was all me. He should not feel like he did something wrong. Actually, he behaved really nice.
Jess is very caring. I feel like she already takes care about me even though she doesn't really know me. She introduced me to so many people on my first day and I don't want to lose her, because I'm starting this friendship with lies and secrets.
She's just trying to protect Zach and help me.
,,It wasn't Zach's fault. You need to tell him, please! Anyways, I can't do this. I have to deal with myself first before I can deal with a boy. I can't get hurt right now.", I said intensifying my grip on the steering wheel.
,,What do you have to deal with, Ash? Please talk to me. I really want to be friends with you, because I think you're a really nice person and not like the girls at school, whose only hobby is to spread rumors."
I was surprised by her talking like that about her "friends". But she was really honest and maybe I needed to be too. The school appeared and I drove into the parking lot.
,,Look", she began, ,,you're not the only one going through a hard time. Before you came to this school some really crazy shit was going on here. Zach's been going through a really really tough time. We all have been going through a tough time.."
The car stopped and she opened the door immediately, walking towards the entrance.
What did she mean by that? Who did she mean by "we"? Justin, Zach and her ? I feel really guilty now. For dissapointing Zach...

I got out of the car and headed to the entrance. Even though I felt sorry for Zach I had to stick to my plan from yesterday. When I walked into the hallway I saw Zach standing at his locker. Around him were some jocks including Justin. I sped up my tempo until I got to them. He first noticed me when I pushed a big guy out of the way to get to him.

,,And who are you?", the guy said checking me out with a big grin

,,Shut up, Bryce.", Zach said not stopping to look at me. I forced a smile onto my face and grabbed his jacket, that was hanging out of my bag and gave it to him.
He took it in his hands. ,,Thanks Ashleigh.", he said. I didn't really look in into his face. Suddenly the guys started cheering on him again. Only Justin was looking down at his feet. I turned around and walked away as quickly as I could. Not looking back.

Zach's POV

,,Holy shit, the new girl is hot. Did you bang her yesterday and left your jacket at her house?", Bryce asked making some rude noises. I still looked down the hall.  She was gone already but I couldn't move my head. ,,Dude, I want to know every detail. And does she have some hot friends? Are you done with her ? Because then I would..", Zach pushed Bryce out of the way slamming his locker shut. Justin gave Bryce a Look that says ,shut the fuck up or he'll kill you in 2'. I put on my jacket and moved towards room 264

The first two lessons were history. Pushing some nerds out of the way I saw Justin jogging after me. Jess was already inside sitting in the back. Justin walked in as well, giving me a slight smile. Jess couldn't look me in the eyes. That means no good news. Justin sat on her table after giving her a kiss. Some idiot was sitting on the right of her. I walked over to him: ,,Move!", I said and he jumped up immediately looking for another seat.
,,Hi Jess.", I said looking at her.
She took a book out of her bag and ignored me.
,,Are you for real?", I said with an annoyed undertone. Justin looked me in the eyes.
,,She didn't leave because of you Zach. No worries. But at the moment she doesn't have the nerves for a boy, you know?", she said.
I felt something hitting my chest hard.
I did not know, actually. What is her problem? I think Jess is not telling everything. But as good as I know her she won't anyways. Jess turned to Justin and talked about some other shit. I sank down on my table looking at nothing when our old history teacher stepped into the room.

 I sank down on my table looking at nothing when our old history teacher  stepped into the room

Ashleigh's POV

My first lessons weren't with Jess, Zach or Justin.
I had Biology and the only familiar face was Sheri's.
,,I heard there was a double date yesterday ? Jess and Justin, you and Zach. He's hot isn't he? You would make a great couple.", she said looking at me with her teddy eyes. I wasn't surprised that the whole school knew about us hanging out yesterday after what Jess had told me about the girls.
,,No.. I mean yes we were at Rosie's. But there is nothing between Zach and me. There won't be either.", I said looking out of the window.
When I looked back at her she was very confused.
,,But someone told me you made out in his car?"
,,Wait what? I never took a step into his car. I drove to Rosie's with my own car. So that doesn't even make sense.", I said angrily.
,,Oh.. then it might just be another rumor.. Don't feel bad okay ? You can always come to me if rumors bother you alright? Just know I'm here!", she said very concerned.
Where did these concerns come from? As if I gave a fuck about what other people said about me. They can think what they want. I know the truth. That's enough for the moment. Sheri acted really weird. As if I am made out of glass and she is scared to make me shatter in a million pieces. The teacher talked about some uninteresting stuff, so I asked if I could go to the toilet.
I just wanted to free my mind for awhile. I walked out of the classroom and sat down on one of the benches in the hallway. My head in my hands. I was really down.

Zach's POV

Justin and Jess were going on my nerves with their secret cuddling when the teacher wasn't watching. And the giggling from the other girls when they saw them. And then there was the annoying teacher. I was about to throw my chair at the wall. Angriness filled my whole body. I clenched my fist and really had to get out of here. ,,Can I get some air? I feel really dizzy..", I lied to my history-teacher. Jess gave me a concerned look. I just left the room.
When I walked down the hallway I spottet a girl sitting on a bench. She had her head in her hands and it looked like she was crying. With a second glance I could tell that it was Ashleigh. I walked over to her. I sat beside her without saying a single word. She lift her head. Tears rolling down her cheeks.

//Hey guys! This chapter is pretty long I was unsure about how the story continued here. I hope you enjoyed reading. Please leave a comment or maybe vote for me! Love for you all!! :)//