2 . LUNCH

Zach's tour started with the lockers. He showed me mine, which was pretty near to the gym. His locker was down the hall. Walking in front of me I inspected him. He was so tall and muscular and I just wanted to be held in his arms. Why do all the handsome boys have to be dicks. He hasn't done anything wrong yet but I know it won't take too much time until that happens. Opening my brown wavy hair, my hair clipper fell to the ground and made a loud noise. Zach quickly turned around not knowing where the noise came from. It rolled to his feet and he picked it up and handed it to me. Our hands touched the moment I took it from him. Quickly, I pulled my hand back and caught him looking a bit disappointed. I mumbled a ,,Thank you'' and in the next moment he continued his tour, entering the gym. ,,So, this is where I am spending most of the time in this school. Playing Basketball." He walked over to the basketballs while I was still standing next to the entrance. ,,Do you love playing basketball?'', I asked looking around the gym. Taking a basketball out of the storage he threw some baskets. ,,You're the first person asking me that..'',he said jokingly but I could see the sad truth behind it ,, I mean yeah, I love playing it. But as the team captain there is much pressure, you know?'' Being the team captain must be pretty hard but with his height I would have guessed he is. Zach threw the ball back into the corner of the gym after playing around and started heading to the exit.
After the little chit chat in the gym it felt like the ice was broken.
The basketball captain led me to the music rooms where you were allowed to practice anytime you wanted to. I was really excited for that, because my biggest passion is music. I play the piano and the guitar. Playing instruments and singing calms me down. He could see the excitement in my eyes.
,,Are you playing any instruments?''
,,Piano and guitar! Music is what I love the most.''
Ich chuckled and smiled at the ground.
,,That's cute.. I mean cool! Sorry I meant cool!'', he looked away and thought I didn't see him face palming himself. He went really red but I did too. He tried to change the subject to tell me about all the other activities Liberty High had to offer.

After the little tour through all the school buildings, the library and everything else the school had to offer, the bell rang for lunch. ,,Thanks for showing me around, Zach!'', I said looking into his eyes. To do so I had to lean my head back haha. ,,You're welcome. Now at last, let me lead you to the cafeteria where you can always get lunch!'', he said putting his hand on my back to lead me in another direction. After pulling it away again I felt a firing heat on my back. When we entered the cafeteria all the heads turned into our direction. The people started talking. Whispering. And of course.. cheering again (obviously mostly the jocks that sat at one table together). They pointed at us. Zach looked as if he was arguing with his own thoughts.
,,Uh... Ashleigh?'', he asked shyly.
I haven't heard him speak in a shy voice so far. But I find it really cute to see a big guy that lost his words.
,,Yeah?''
,,Well, if you want you can come sit with us?''
I started observing the whole cafeteria.
Finally, I spotted Jessica sitting with some other girls. She started winking and showing me to sit with her.
,,Or you go sit with Jess.. I can understand you though. Most of the guys on my table are dicks.'' He scratched his neck and looked down.
,,Not all of them.'', I said looking him in the eyes. He went a slight red again. But I quickly headed over to Jessica and the other girls.

I sat on the opposite side of Jessica. The other girls welcomed me warmly. Jessica seemed to be the leader of the girls. Why she wanted to hang out with me, I don't know..
,,So you and Zach Dempsey?'', she asked smirking and started eating her salad.
,,Jessica, I literally talked to him only because he HAD to show me around. Not like he asked me out or something haha.''
The girls started laughing. On of them was Asian and named Kourtney. The other girls name was Sheri. She had brown curly hair and a really cute smile.
,,First of all, call me Jess. Second of all, he's besties with my boyfriend. I can organize a double date if you're interested.'', she said smirking.
,,Wow wow wow Jessica..", she looked at me angrily so I corrected myself, ,,I mean Jess. I don't even know what kind of a guy he is. He might be a complete dick, who has another girl every other week. I don't want to get into that line. And which one is your boyfriend anyways?'', I asked looking over to the jock's table. I caught Zach staring at me ........ again. But this time he smiled while he looked away. I couldn't resist but smile as well.
,,You see the guy sitting right next to Zach? Justin Foley. That's him. We've been dating for about four months already. At first I felt the same way as you do. Until I recognized that he acted different around me than with the other girls. You have no choice but to just to get to know him better.'' Jessica just continued eating her salad. Me too. But I always had to look over to Zach.

The bell rang, signalling the end of the school day. ,,So what are you're up to this afternoon?'', Jess asked while I followed her to the trash to throw my stuff away. We headed to the exit and stopped at the parking lots.
,,What do you mean? It's Monday.''
,,Justin and I are hanging out.''
,,So?''
,,I'd asked myself if you wanted to join?''
,,Sorry Jess, but I'm not really good at thirdwheeling.'', I said laughing while remembering a story from years ago.
,,No Problem . .... is coming too!''
She mumbled the name of the person on purpose.
,,Who?''
I instantly regretted my question when Zach Dempsey and Justin Foley headed in our direction.
,,I will kill you.'', I said fake smiling in the boys direction.
,,Thank me later.'',she said rolling her eyes.

-

//Hey guys, thank you so much for reading my last chapter! I hope you enjoy my story! Give me some feedback in the comments ! I know this chapter is pretty short but I liked the end. Love for you all!!//