8 . THE TRUTH

Ashleigh's POV

I found myself standing in front of the mirror in my bathroom. I looked at myself. I still had 2 hours left until Zach's going to show up. I went into the shower and put on a nice outfit. I put on a bit of mascara and some lipgloss. I still had about an hour left and decided to spend my time playing the piano for a while. I played and played and played until I lost complete sense of time. When I'm playing instruments I forget everything. I live right in the moment just listening to the music my hands are producing on the piano. Suddenly the doorbell rang and when I opened it Zach was standing in front of me. Or above? I mean how tall is this guy? 6.3 feet? Well.. I'm 5.4. But it was actually really hot that he is so tall and muscular and I'm like really tiny... Anyways, I could tell he was really nervous.

,,You look beautiful.", he said looking up and down my outfit. I blushed.
,,Thanks.", I nodded. I followed him to his car when he opened the door for me. I seated myself as he walked around the car to sit in it as well. The car ride was pretty silent.

When we arrived at Rosie's we walked to the entrance. The music from inside was bursting out of the restaurant. There was a little paper hanging at the entrance door, saying that there was a private party tonight.

After reading the letter Zach turned around scratching his neck. He was so cute when he didn't know what to do.
,,I'm really sorry.", he said getting red.
,,Hey, I don't care about the food. I just wanted to spend time with you. Doesn't matter where.."
I couldn't even believe myself. Did I really say that?
He stepped closer. I felt my heart race. I turned away..
,,McDonald's?", I asked.
He nodded slightly, irritated by me moving away.

Zach's POV

,,Two Big Macs, four big fries and 2 cokes, please!", I spoke to the drive-in lady.

,,One of them a Diet Coke please!", she shouted over me.
I started laughing my ass off.

,,Are you serious? We're at Mcdonalds. I don't think the coke will make a big difference", I said driving further to the lady to give us our food.

Ashleigh gave me a fake hurt look. But then she smiled. She has the most beautiful smile ever. It makes me happy to see her smile. I just want to grab her and kiss her right now. Seriously. I can't stop thinking about that. We drove into the parking lot to start eating. She took one of the cokes.
She wanted to say something but then she stopped.

,,What?", I asked with an irritated smile. She chuckled.

,,Nothing..'', she answered looking out of the window trying to hide her smile.

,,No seriously, tell me.'', I said touching her shoulder, trying to make her look at me.

She turned around looking at my hand on her shoulder. I didn't pull it away.

She took the coke out of my hand to give me hers.

,,It's just that yours must be the diet one because this one is too sweet.'', she laughed.

I couldn't help but laugh as well.

We ate and talked for hours.

,,So, tell me about your past. Why did you move here?'', I asked smiling.

She didn't answer for a while.

,,My mothers job .. and my parents got divorced and stuff...'', she said looking out of her window again.

,,Oh, I'm sorry.'', I said feeling bad for asking.

,,No no it's alright. It was for the best! Really!'', she said.

I could tell there was something else she wasn't telling me.

,,Did you have a boyfriend back there?'', I asked.

,,Boyfriend?'', she asked. She was thinking as if she wasn't sure.

,,I don't think so..'', she said still not looking at me.

,,What does that mean?'', I asked chuckling.

She didn't even move her mouth angles. She put the Coke down.

,,I don't know. I would not call that person a boyfriend.'', she said.

I didn't want to get further into it because she looked really sad, so I tried to change the subject. It didn't work. Rain started pouring down onto the windows and she couldn't look at me.

,,Are you okay?'', I asked carefully.

,,When she turned her head to look at me I could see a single tear rolling down her cheek.

Immediately, I wiped it away with my thumb.

,,I'm so sorry. So sorry.'', she said grabbing her bag and opening the door of the car. She got out of the car and walked away.

Ashleigh'S POV

The rain was pouring down on me. I didn't know where I was going. I just needed to get away from Zach. Why did I go on this date with him? This was a big fault. I heard him jogging after me.

,,Ashleigh! It's pouring. Let me at least drive you back home.'', he shouted.

I didn't answer. Not that I didn't want to but no words came out.

I was still walking and I thought he was gone but suddenly someone grabbed my wrist and turned me around. Zach looked at me. It looked like I hurt his feelings.

,,I'm sorry Ashleigh. I mean that I asked about your ex. But what did he do to you?'', he asked.

I can't tell him. I can't.

,,Please let me go.'', I said trying to pull my wrist out of his hand.

His grip just tightened.

,,You're hurting me.'', I said tears rushing down my face.

,,Just tell me. Fucking tell me Ashleigh! I like you and I want to be with you but you're never opening up. Let me be there for you!!'', he screamed.

I just cried even more.

,,Please, let go.'', I screamed.

,,My goodness, did he cheat on you?'', Zach screamed.

,,He fucking raped me.'', I screamed at him.

Suddenly he let go of my hand. I turned around and started running.

Running away. This time he didn't follow me.

//I'm so sorry for not updating in a while. I was thinking about this chapter really hard and wanted to be okay with it. This is what it looked like. I really hope you liked it. Please please please give me some feedback and maybe vote? Love for you all!!//