Day 10 Part 3

|Edited: 04/13/17|

PREVIOUSLY ON AFTER STARCO
"What if I regretted it all?" "No you don't," "What if I wanted to take it back?" "You can't Diaz," "What if I wanted to start again?" "You will never,"

"What if..." This time, Marco was extremely close to her, their faces are just inches away.

"What if I love you?"

He grabbed her hand and pulled her towards him. And Marco didn't hesitate...

to kiss her.

---

Star's eyes widened as Marco's lips were pressed firmly against hers. Suddenly, she can feel a certain darkness slipping from her body. Then the sudden realization that Marco is kissing her had hit as Marco pulled away. She blinked twice before she saw Marco. "Marco?" She asked. He laughed before spinning her around in the air, saying "You're back!" Star laughed along before Marco set her back on the ground.

"But, Jackie..." Star started. "When you came to Earth, everything changed. I didn't think that I'd be fighting monsters by my best friend. Well, I also didn't think that I'd fall for my best friend," Marco said while rubbing the back of his neck. Star smiled and said, "Well, I didn't think that you'd be the guy I'll be falling for, even after... Tom." She glared at Tom. Tom just smiled sheepishly, waving a bit.

Suddenly the ground shook and made a crack in between Marco and Star. "Look out!" Tom yelled as he dragged Marco away from the crack, as Moon dragged Star away, too. The crack grew bigger as it extended outwards, and Toffee came out. He stood at the end of the crack, in the body of Ludo. Holding the other half of the wand, a bright green mist surrounded him.
He took a step towards them, the sound of his feet was barely audible. "Hello Butterflies," he said. "Toffee," the queen sneered. "Hello Star," he said as he came closer to Star, his voice dropping. "I've come for my finger," he said as he held up his hand with the missing finger and smiled darkly. "You have two choices here," he said. "Give it to me, or we will take it by force," he said with a threatening voice. Star only shook her head, "We're not going down without a fight," she said. Every guard nodded their heads.

"Very well," Toffee said as he began to float in the air. "ATTACK!" He yelled. At that moment, all the monsters appeared from the green mist and began charging at them. And in the blink of an eye, swords went clashing with armor, magic shooting and spiraling through the air, karate chopping the monsters everywhere Marco went.
The winning side was falling upon the people of Mewni when Toffee decided to spice things up a little. His wand glowed green as skeletons rose from the ground like zombies. They started grabbing people's legs, forcing them to fall.

Star and her mom were handling the skeletons that kept on rising from the ground while the rest continued to fight. Marco continued to karate chop every enemy he could get his hands on, when he came upon a shapeshifter. He laughed, "You think you can scare me?" The shapeshifter 'smirked' as his body transformed into an all-too-familiar face.

Jackie... Marco thought as the monster turned itself into Jackie. He was paralyzed. The other Jackie was about to shoot him when he felt something push him out of the way. Whatever pushed him got hit by the shot, and when he regained his vision, he turned to see Star shooting the shapeshifter with her wand. When she was sure that the monster was taken care of, she lent out her hand towards Marco. Marco took her hand as she asked him, "You alright?"

"Yeah, thanks to you," he said. Star smiled brightly when they heard Toffee yell her name. "STAR BUTTERFLY!" The sound of his voice seemed to make an echo. "This fight is between you and me," he said. "I couldn't agree more," Star said with an angry expression on her face. "Star wait," Marco said as he grabbed her hand. She turned to face him. "Promise me you'll be back," he whispered. Star nodded and walked towards Toffee.

If I can just trap him, that will leave me enough time to get his wand, Star thought. They were only a few meters apart when they both got out their wands. Ready to strike, their wands both released a huge amount of magic. The tension between the two caused wind that blew Star's hair back. Moon decided to help and flew towards Toffee as she hit him in the leg. Distracted, Star used more energy as he grew weaker. With his free hand, he grabbed Moon's arm before she could fly away and threw her to the ground. "Mom!" Star yelled. Toffee took the opportunity and shot Star with his wand that sent her flying back.

Toffee made his way towards Star as she rested on her elbows and looked at Toffee. She reached for her wand, only to see it a few feet behind from her as Toffee placed his foot on Star's leg. "Looks like this is the end for you," Toffee said, getting his wand all ready and fired up. "Not if I can help it," Toffee heard. He turned and saw Marco toss Star her wand and she shot Toffee right in the chest. He fell backwards and let go of the wand.

Exhausted, Star stood up and turned to face Marco behind her. She had a big smile on her face as it matched Marco's smile.

But...

"Star look out!" Moon yelled. But it was too late. Toffee had stabbed her with a sword, using all the strength he had left and it pierced through her stomach.