Five

Saturday had come like a gift from the heavens, and today signaled the first Hogsmeade trip of the year. All the third years were excited and racing around the Great Hall hardly being able to eat. For older students it was the same drill, but they still enjoyed it. Luckily the weather remained nice for the first trip, no cloud in the sky threatening that..

It hadn't taken long for those who cared about Prim to realize something was wrong. It only took a few hours but they decided to leave it until the next seeing as she could have just been having a bad day. Yet that didn't seem to be the case as she moped on their way to breakfast and hardly touched the food. She just stared passively at the gold metal plate. As much as she wanted to eat, she couldn't just bring herself to.

So many thoughts were circling in that head of hers. Most weren't pleasant and it felt like every time someone looked at her, they knew. Knew about what happened last night and what she did to herself. The cuts on her tiny wrists stung as the cotton of her sweater continuously rubbed up against them. It took a lot of energy to trying to hold back the tears or each pain induced hiss.

"Earth to Primrose?" Daisy waved her spoon in front of Prim's face, "you good?"

Jumping slightly in her seat she put on a fake smile being torn from her daydream, "y-yeah! Sorry I've just been distracted." subconsciously she tugged the sleeves of her jacket down.

"Okay well, if something's up you can always tell us." Kate smiled while cramming eggs into her mouth.

"I know." from the corner of her eye she watched the renowned Riddle gang. Tom was not with them himself but if she wanted to find him, they'd be her best shot. She watched as Rosier got up from the table and made his way out of the Hall, head raised as if he owned the place, "h-hey guys I gotta go do something real quick."

"Well we're leaving for Hogsmeade soon so-" Kate was cut off as Prim got up and quickly left. She wondered what got her friend's panties in a bunch like this, she normally wasn't the type to just run off.

"We really need to figure out what's up with her."

"Trust me I know."

Each step down the close to empty halls made Primrose cringe. She felt awkwardly loud trying to follow behind Rosier. She had never done anything like this before and it made her stomach twist into knots. Shakily she tried to keep up, staying a close distance away hiding behind every turn in the hallway. By no means did she believe she was doing a good job, he probably already had caught on.

The member of Riddle's close 'friend group' made his way down the familiar halls which led to the library. Prim felt relieved that he was going to a public place where it wouldn't be out of the ordinary for her to be there. Hopefully Tom would be as well.

The library was lined with tens of thousands of books on thousands of shelves. There was a musty smell all throughout the regal room which was of parchment, ink and dust. It was a beautiful place that reminded her of the study back at her home. It's narrow shelves made it hard to maneuver at times though. Her fingers trailed against the fraying spines of many books feeling each bump and crevice. She smiled to herself almost forgetting the very reason she wandered into the library..

But standing there right outside the Restricted Section running his hand along book titles was Tom Riddle. He looked focused with his curly dark hair brushed to one side as usual. His jawline was sharp, skin milky white- he looked attractive under the lamp lights of the room.

Cautiously she approached Tom hoping not to startle him, "e-excuse me, Tom?"

The book he was beginning to peer into slammed shut, dust particles bursting off its pages. He turned sharp on his heels, appalled that someone interrupted him- which because of that he knew it was none of his Knights. Seeing Primrose made his blood boil. She still looked pale and weak, just like yesterday.