Six

It was finally the first week of October and the leaves were starting to shift in colors and fall to the ground. The air grew colder with each passing day, but it was still one of the most beautiful times of the year. Students were truly starting to settle in more as they all comfortably walked down the halls with smiles on their faces. Quidditch was becoming full blown by this time and Prim found herself spending more time at the fields. Gryffindor was absolutely killing it along with Hufflepuff- probably just because neither teams had played each other yet. It made her feel torn not knowing who to root for, but she figured she'd stay neutral..

Primrose sat in one of the courtyards, head stuck in a Charms book. Her hair was brushed to one side, slightly hanging down onto the pages. She was exhausted and felt overwhelmed with schoolwork, and she desperately wished she could be smarter. No one else she knew seemed to be struggling with their classes, at least not to her extent. That made her confidence plummet when she had to walk into a class she hardly understood. Things on the other hand weren't getting any easier for her; her friends were suspicious and any minute she was waiting for Kate to threaten to see her wrists. The broken pale skin was healing rather well. Maybe she needed a breakdown in order to regain herself...

The young girl was too immersed in her reading to notice a boy approaching her. His feet crunched the fallen leaves, his dark hair being lightly pushed around by the wind. His eyes were narrowed on her form, "Rousseau."

At the sound of his commanding voice her head snapped up allowing their eyes to meet. His were dark and unforgiving, "T-Tom.." what did he want with her? She always approached him it had never been the other way around.

Tom Riddle took a seat besides the girl. She could feel her hands shaking as they tried to hold the book steady. Her heart beat started to pick up, unsure of what he was about to do- she felt on edge. He didn't say anything at first and just observed her as she sat there, "I have a proposition for you."

"Proposition?" Prim squeaked not understanding what he meant.

He sighed in annoyance, "an agreement or plan. You get something out of it and so do I."

"Okay well, what is it?" that sparked her curiosity. How could he help her? And her him? She felt her fingers start to unconsciously play with the ends of the sleeves of her robes. Prim also kept her eyes focused down on a lone flower amongst the dry grass.

"I tutor you in whatever classes you need help with and in return you assist me."

A sprang of joy suddenly hit her as she started to smile. With Tom's help she was sure to pass her classes easily! "Wait uh, how can I help you though?" there had to be a catch though..

"It's quite complicated actually. I'll tell you about it when the time arises. So yes or no?"

Prim frowned. It didn't seem fair that she couldn't know what she was getting herself into, "it is illegal? I mean, will I get in any trouble.."

"Who do you take me for?" a malicious smirk appeared on his lips, "of course not." Tom was good at lying and this was no exception.

As strange as this whole thing seemed to her, Prim needed the help. A frown creased her brows as she began to think through any outcomes. This encounter was random, and quite frankly her and Tom were only on civil terms nothing that would cause this to arise. Maybe he felt bad because he watched her struggle constantly? She didn't take him for that kind of person though- this struck her the wrong way. But could she truly turn this down? He kept a steady look on her which allowed her to admire him perfectly. He was her only chance as of right now, "o-okay.."

"Hmm? Speak up." then he mumbled under his breath as well, "We're going to have to work on your projection too I see.."

"I uh would appreciate your help Tom." Prim flushed pink from embarrassment.