Chapter Ten: Pop Up

Rome

Even though the season was over, these next few weeks after the Finals were my busiest yet. I had back to back meetings, commercial shoots, interviews, and Candace's appointment all within one week. And to add onto the fact that Candace wants me to see some therapist. I guess you could say that my plate was pretty full these days.  To start it all off though, now that I got a new mattress, today is the day that Candace is finally moving in. And I have to admit that this is the hardest task of the day. I thought Kennedy had a lot of stuff when she moved in but Candace definitely has her beat. We had to end up putting some of her stuff in a storage unit.

"I'm about to set up the crib and stuff for the nursery." I told her while she sat in the walk-in closet, unpacking her clothes from the boxes. "You need anything?"

"Yeah, could you grab me some more hangers?" She asked me as I nodded my head and grabbed the box of hangers for her. "Thank you baby."

"You're welcome." I smiled as she took the box from me. I leaned against the wall, watching her unpack the rest of her stuff and I couldn't help but to smile at the sight.

"What?" She asked, catching me smile at her.

"Nothing." I said, still smiling. "Things just seem to be falling back into place. I like this."

"I like this too. I'm just glad that you're the person I'm doing this with. I couldn't see myself doing this with anyone else." She smiled while hanging up the rest of her clothes.

"Just wait until our baby gets here. Things will truly be perfect then." I foreshadowed.

"Have you been thinking of any names?" Candace asked me.

"Actually, I have." I replied as I sat down on a chair in the closet. "Do you remember back in college when I told you that if I didn't get in the NBA, I'd open a restaurant and name it after my grandfather? Well I think I want our son to be named after him. It doesn't have to be his first name but it'd be special if it was incorporated as his middle name."

"What was his name?" She asked me curiously.

"Anthony." I replied. "And I know your grandfather's name was Daryn and I like that name so I was thinking that we could name him Daryn Anthony Davis."

"I love that but how do you know what my grandpa's name was?" She asked, as I expected.

"Because the last time your grandmother stayed here, I was talking to her and stuff and she would mention him so I asked her if that was her husband and she said yeah." I shrugged nonchalantly.

"The fact that you were paying attention and actually listened is so cute." Candace uttered in a surprised tone.

"I told you, I pay attention to everything that's important to you. Family included." I indicated while she smiled and walked over to me.

"You're perfect.You know that?" She smiled as she stood in front of me, wrapping her arms around my neck.

"I'm not but I try to be for you. I just wanna make you happy." I voiced while looking up at her and wrapping my arms around her waist.

"You make me very happy." She said in her cute little voice before leaning in to kiss me. Before both of our lips could fully touch, the sound of the doorbell rang loudly in our ears, causing us to move away from each other.