CHAPTER THIRTEEN (AND A HALF)

hi friends!! i was planning on uploading this on wednesday but im BORED and it's spring break so!! it's here now! this was originally going to be a part of chapter 14 but it would've gotten too long and disjointed and there would've been TWO smut scenes, so

ANYWAY, smut warning: 

Dan didn't want to think. He didn't want to think about that fact that he was supposedly now king (he was suspended in a state of shock, and he hadn't really dared to believe it yet). He didn't want to think about how the man he had looked up to, and loved, had been so wicked and cruel at heart for so long. He didn't want to think about the influx of responsibilities he was suddenly saddled with, dealing with his kingdom, helping his citizens, communicating with his neighboring kingdoms. He didn't want to think about how, technically, he wasn't supposed to be in his rooms right now, but in the king's quarters instead. He didn't want to think about anything at all.

Thankfully, Phil was prepared to help him with that. He came with Dan to his rooms without Dan even having to ask, the both of them leaving the courtroom with Dan in a state of numb shock. Alfonzo and Bentley didn't bother to tease him about bringing Phil back to his rooms either, only giving him sympathetic looks. Bentley even reached over and patted Dan on the shoulder, and Dan was surprised to find himself leaning into the touch.

"Are you okay?" Phil asked quietly, as they traipsed further into his rooms.

"I don't know," Dan answered honestly. "I'm—trying not to think about anything, actually."

Phil stepped forward and pulled Dan into his arms, letting Dan rest his weight against him, letting him breathe in Phil's familiar and intoxicating scent. Phil pressed a soft kiss against his forehead, and Dan hummed.

"What do you want to do?" Phil whispered. "I could read to you, if you want. Or set up a bath."

"Let's have sex," Dan suggested instead. He felt Phil stiffen slightly in surprise, before he chuckled and ran his hands over Dan's back.

"I'm not sure if that's the best idea," he said slowly, pulling away from Dan slightly to look in his eyes. "So much has happened today, and you're bound to be feeling the stress..."

"But I don't want to think about it," Dan argued. "And I definitely won't be able to think about anything else when I'm seeing you naked."

Phil blinked, and his pupils dilated with arousal, before he shook his head fondly. "I can't believe you're talking me into this."

"Stop talking and start touching," Dan commanded, and Phil pressed a laugh into his hair, before his hands were sliding underneath Dan's shirt. His fingers were cold against Dan's warm stomach, and goosebumps rose all along where they touched, though still Dan found himself arching into his touch.

Slowly, Phil mouthed along Dan's neck, starting at a sensitive spot just behind his ear. His breath was warm against Dan, and it made the rest of his body shiver in comparison, though that might've just been because of how good it felt. His tongue darted out and flicked against Dan's neck, and he found himself gasping, his fingers tightening momentarily on Phil's arms.

"I love how sensitive your neck is," Phil murmured into his ear. In response, Dan tilted his head, trying to nonverbally get Phil to return his mouth to Dan's skin. Phil thankfully did as such, and he sucked on Dan's skin before lapping over it, his mouth hot but the air of the room cold on the saliva he left behind.

Dan was already hard, which wasn't much of a surprise. Phil could probably arch his eyebrow in Dan's direction at the right moment and Dan would be turned on. He pressed himself against Phil, appreciating the hum Phil let out against his neck.