001

Elesis POV

The amount of corpse around me drove me to do things I didn't want to do. I felt like gagging and crying at the same time, but there was no time for it. The demons surrounding me had never felt so hategul, so ugly, so unworthy in all my life. My shoulders shook as I started absorbing energy from the Dark El shard. All my knights, I led them into this. I was unworthy of such a place. The sword in my hand suddenly felt heavy, forcing me to use all my consciousness to focus on the sword. "Why... why... why why why why?!" I roared, swinging my blade at the demons with all my might.

This can't be it. Those knights...

They have families waiting for them to return home safely...

They relied on me, their leader...

And I led them all to their death!

The battle no longer mattered, it just seemed like a waltz now. Just be moving between my partners and bringing them down. They will pay, it's their fault...

The once dark gloomy world now seemed brighter somehow as I kept taking in more dark energy. It was easier to forget the demons that was dying in front of me. It was all just me, just me and my revenge on the demons...

Add POV

"STUPID STUPID STUPID!" I roared, my fists slamming uselessly on the machines I've tried so hard to create. "This isn't how it's suppose to be"

I've tried everything! Everything! The world! That's the problem! It's not me, it's the world. F*ck this world! Why is it so hard to live a normal life back to the past?! Tears started streaming down my cheeks, it's been so long since I cried.

Those researches were useless! Why am I even still alive? I know... to bring destruction. I want everyone to know what it feels like to be me, to be the one that time and space itself destroyed. Suddenly, I was out of my mind, my feet feeling lighter than ever. I will bring destruction, I will bring everyone the despair that was only given to me.

Staring at myself in the mirror, I felt a sense of satisfaction. My eyes were the wrong color, yet they were beautiful to me. My suit showed looked like destruction itself, something I will bring upon the world soon enough. Why not go for a test run, Add? That's right, a test run.

The wind suddenly felt foreign on my skin. Hello, world! Here I come, ready or not! Riding on my dynamoes, the forest looked smal from this height. Almost small enough that only one blast can destroy it. "I will... take revenge on you demons! I will avenge those who have fallen" A voice said, barely audible to Add.

He squinted his eyes and lowered himself into the woods. His eyes widened in surprise as he looked at the lady in front of him. Her clothing and face was drenched with blood. A wonderful sight indeed. The way her eyes changed captured Add's attention as he leaned against the trunk of a nearby tree. He refused to get down from his dynamoes as he observed her slaying demons one after another. Her fighting was so elegant it almost looked like waltzing. Beautiful...

Elesis POV

I recited the names of those who have fallen, their faces still planted on the ground right where they died. My legs were giving out, so were my arms. I can't process what I'm doing properly anymore...

Add POV

Her attacks became sloppy, but still elegant. Her stance weren't balanced properly and Add knew she was at her full extent. Her mouth moved as she fought, probably saying something to herself. Should I help her? A beautiful sight like her shouldn't be interfered by me, now should it? I stood there a little longer. "She's not my problem... why worry?"

As soon as I said that, a demon launched itself from behind her, catching her in its grip. She resisted for a good minute or so before she stopped entirely, her arms flailing uselessly by her sides.

Elesis POV

"Did I fail?" I don't know

Add POV

"I guess the show's over..." I frowned, but I didn't leave. I stared at the lady for a minute before I noticed that I couldn't turn away. I smirked "Well, I won't be a man if I don't save her"

The next few minute came so quickly that I nearly missed it myself. The whole forest was on fire... And a bloodied lady was in my arms. "What am I doing?"

"I led them to their death..." She whispered, her arms around me. So that explains the knight corpses. She didn't cry, and her swollen cheeks told me she's cried enough.

Let her live without hope a little longer, I wanna see what happens next... We're the same after all...

We're just two lost souls roaming the world for vengeance...

We've both Lost Hope...