Party!

17th March:

I woke up at 3 o’clock in the afternoon. I didn’t even realise that I was so tired the day before. I got up and brushed my teeth and then I went downstairs to make some breakfast. I poured some muesli into a bowl and sat down as I ate it. When I finished, I did all my chores before my mum could start talking. It came up to 5 o’clock and I decided that I would start getting ready. The party started at 8 but I needed to do quite a lot. Natalie came over and plucked my eyebrows for me and painted my nails. I shaved and showered before putting on a dressing gown. I put on black liquid eyeliner before putting on mascara. I put on red lip-balm and then put Vaseline over it to keep it fresh. I straightened my hair which came past my shoulders and my side fringe.

After I finished my makeup and hair, I started to put on my clothes. I wore my long red and black top with the bodycon skirt. I put in red studs in my first piercings and then black hoops in the second. I wore black opaque tights and red flats. I put on the necklaces and bracelets as a final touch and I was ready.

“You look drop-dead gorgeous Ash!” Nat exclaimed hugging me.

“I’ve got to go to a party myself so I’ll call you tomorrow.” She promised as she run downstairs. As she left, my phone started to ring.

“Are you ready?” Darius asked.

“Almost” I replied.

“I’ll be down in a minute.” I added before hanging up.

I placed a red headband on my hair and smiled. I grabbed my bag and walked down the stairs. I locked the door behind me.

“Wow; you look absolutely gorgeous Ash.” He breathed.

I smiled and linked arms with him as we walked down to the bus stop. We arrived an hour late but because its black people timing, we were on time. The party was just starting to liven up when we arrived. We spotted Tasha and we went over to wish her happy birthday. She hugged us both and thanked us.

“Oh by the way Darius, Chloe is over by the drinks.” She told him.

“His girlfriend.” She added to me with a smile. She walked off to speak to some other people.

“I think your girlfriend is someone interesting enough to entertain you.” I teased him.

“She said she wasn’t coming today.” He replied. He looked almost angry. He probably was worried about leaving me alone.

“Stop sulking D and go get your girl.” I told him lightly pushing him in the direction of the drinks. I walked over to Tasha and she introduced to a few friends but I wasn’t really in the mood to party.

“You’ve got guts.” Someone commented from behind me. I turned around to see a tall, mix-raced boy smiling at me.

“What do you mean?” I asked confused.

“I wouldn’t stay if I had found out that the person I liked was with someone else. Especially when I have no other friends with me.” He replied.

I stopped and stared at him. Was I that easy to read? Did Darius know that I liked him and was trying to let me down gently somehow. Maybe that’s why he was angry that his girlfriend was here.

“I am pretty amazing, aren’t I?” I replied grinning.

The party wasn’t so bad after Carl came over to talk to me. We talked really easily and he was hilarious. He noticed that I had gone red and black all the way and I was now his ‘R&B Girl’ When the afrobeats came on, we both started skanking it out on the dance floor. It was jokes. I met a lot of other people and forgot about Darius and Chloe. When it came up to 11;30 pm, I started to leave. I found Tasha at the back with her boyfriend.

“Tasha, I’m going now. Thanks so much for inviting me.” I told her sincerely.

“Thanks for coming babe. Aren’t you going with Darius?” She asked.

“I was but I don’t think it’s fair for me to take him away from this amazing party. If you see him later, tell him I’ve gone.” I replied before waving and walking off.

Carl walked me to the bus stop. I took down his number and hugged him before getting on the bus. Just thinking of him makes me laugh. Today was so good.

AN: The story will be getting more interesting and i know it's slow moving but please bear with me! :)