[1]

"You're always one decision away from a totally different life."
- Unknown

~~~~~

Mom opens the door so it's wide open and takes a step into our new home. She smiles widely, taking a deep breath. I walk up to the doorway and lean against the wall as I peek inside. Dad walks past me carrying two heavy bags.

"Alright ladies, let's pack up so we're done before the sun sets!" He calls out to us from inside the hall.

"This is wonderful. Absolutely wonderful. Don't you think, Judy?" She turns around and looks at me, still smiling.

I nod, "Yeah, it seems great. C'mon, let's pack up." I walk back to the car and grab my bags with clothes before walking up the stairs into my room. The walls are a soft white with the wooden flooring matching nicely. There's a window in the middle of the wall left to me and a window in front of me. The room is big, but not too big. It's just enough space to become my cozy, homey room where I'll spend all my time hiding from social interactions.

I nod in approval.

I put down my bags and jog down to help out with the rest of the furnitures.

~~~~

I tell mom and dad goodnight before walking back to the now empty kitchen and refill my cup of coffee. Caffeine is great, the love of my life aside from music. The house is finally fully furnished thanks to the help we had from some of dad's friends that lives around Lockwood. I leave a small lamp on before walking up the stairs, hurrying up so Satan won't kill me from behind.

We all know that feeling.

I enter my room and close the door. I walk over to my drawer that I decided to place under the left window, just so that I'm having a full insight of my neighbor's room because why be a decent human being with manners when you can be just the opposite? I notice how the room is still lit up, gaining my curiosity. I still don't know who lives there, we've been too busy to unpack to greet our neighbors just yet.

Suddenly, their room goes dark and I hear a discreet rattle coming from outside. I furrow my eyebrows, quickly reaching for my desk lamp to turn it off. I jog back to my drawer and look out the window once again. I can see where the sound is coming from. I chuckle, and open my window.

"Yo, what's up?" I hiss out at the person sneaking out of their window, trying not to talk too loud for obvious reasons.

The person jumps at my voice and looks over at me, the darkness not entirely revealing their face.

"What the hell, girl! Do you want me to fall and die by scaring the shit out of me?!" He speaks in a tremendous, husky voice. My smile grows by the second. This is so exciting! My neighbor who looks about my age is sneaking out in the middle of the night! Why am I loving this so much? But damn I gotta love that voice.

Oh god, I'm cheesy as hell.

I bite my lower lip in an attempt to suppress an incoming laugher, "Sorry. I'm your new neighbor, Judy."

"That's just great. Listen, I gotta go. Good talk, nice to meet you. I'm Tristan," he crouches over to the end of the roof, "Bye." He says, and jumps. My eyes widen. Did he just...?