[3]

Weeds are flowers too, once you get to know them.
- Eeyore

~~~~~

"Well this is a nice change of scenario." I look around at the stone walls, the stone floor, and the bars that I'm currently facing.

"It's a prison cell." Tristan articulates. I break my endless stare at the bars and shift it over to him instead. I nod.

"Oh. Thank you, Sherlock, for telling me that." I smile at him as he rolls his eyes.

Collin leans in, his elbows resting on his knees as he looks up at me, "You know, sarcasm is the lowest form of wit."

"But the highest form of intelligence," I sigh, resting my head against the wall, "That's such a cliché thing to say. Oh, did you know that you just proved that you've got the sophisticated intelligence to understand sarcasm which shows that you don't have any brain damage such as dementia or autism? Nor do you have schizophrenia as your parahippocampal gyrus isn't uneven." I smile at Collin, "Well done."

He exchanges looks with Tristan who shrugs, "This one's on you, pal." Collin looks back at me.

"Uh, thanks Einstein. Now I know that."

"Anytime, bud."

Tristan let's out a grunting noice and pulls his hair. Poor hair.

"It's your shitty fault we got busted, Judy!" He breaks out, "We'd be gone long before the cops came if it weren't for your ass disrupting!"

My chest instantly turns heavy at his comment. He's right. If I would've just stayed back and not approached them, they'd see the car come way sooner and they wouldn't sit here right now. I should just stay away, he's only bad news.

The door suddenly opens by the same woman who brought us in here in the first place.

"Your parents are here." Lovely, I think as she leads us out of the cell and into the main hall where our parents are indeed waiting for us. I got the chance to explain myself as promised when I got here, and the guys thankfully backed me up on it in the end.

Mr and Mrs. Rey have stern faces as they spot us three. My parents as well, but they look more confused than angry. Probably because I've never gotten in trouble before, being their "good girl".

"Mr. Chavez, I need you to sign some papers before you leave." I turn around, noticing Collin stopping in his tracks. I give him one last smile before exiting the building.

When we get to the car I find Léon in his cage sleeping.

Aww.

"Get in the car." Mom orders and I obey. Dad starts the engine, driving out of the parking lot right behind the car Tristan is in.

I bite my lower lip, afraid to utter a word. When mom's mad, she's mad. She can be utterly terrifying. Makes me wonder if she's Satan herself sometimes. I close my eyes, gathering courage to speak, "You uh, you know how it went, right?" Silence. My eyes drifts back and forth between mom and dad, "I didn't do anything." I try again.

"Yes. Yes we know." I let go of my breath I didn't know I was holding. Thank god, I won't die today. "But you will not, and I repeat NOT," I jump at her sudden change of tone, "spend time with that boy. Are we clear?"

"Yes." I rustle.

"Good."

~~~~~