Author's Note and Sources

Thank you for reading The Mystery of Bella and the Wych Elm. I felt greatly inspired by this case due to the fact that it is still unsolved, 74 years later. All the theories that the press and the police cooked up, made this case seem to be connected to witchcraft when the theory itself seems rather... unbelievable. Personally, I believe the Nazi Spy theory, it seems to explain most of the reasons as to why her body was the way it was.

This book is indeed based on true events. Although most are fiction, I have integrated the true names of the people involved in this case. Robert Fabien was the head detective on the Bella Murder and James Webster was the person who performed the crucial autopsies on the body. Tommy Willetts was the youngest but gave his father the location of the body, therefore, I felt that he was a narrator in the book that I felt I needed.

I would like to thank the multiple sources that I had used especially Caleigh Elise on her NAMELESS video: Who Put Bella Down the Wych-Elm? The Unredacted article also proved to help a great deal in writing this. Although the author of the article is not mentioned, I still appreciate it greatly.

This case is a mystery to many eyes, and part of my goal is to bring this case to fresh eyes to see. I feel that it wasn't all the police's fault that the body wasn't identified. If they still had the corpse, it may have been easier to solve. But, alas, the body is missing.

When detectives are presented with a case, they will do anything in their power to find out who committed the crime. And, unfortunately, have to figure out who the victim is. But what if the victim doesn't want to be found? What if they would go to extreme measures to stay hidden? Even in death?

A lot of research went into this story and there are so many different speculations, I didn't even write all the theories! If you would like to further explore this topic and come to your own conclusion, here is a list of websites I suggest going to:

Who put Bella Down the Wych Elm? | NAMELESS #3"Who Put Bella Down The Wych Elm? | NAMELESS #3". YouTube. N. p., 2017. Web. 11 Apr. 2017.Who put Bella in the Wych Elm?"Who Put Bella In The Wych Elm?". En.wikipedia.org. N. p., 2017. Web. 11 Apr. 2017.Elm?, W. and Elm, 2.Elm?, Who, and 2015 Elm. "Who Put Bella In The Wych Elm?". Josef Jakobs - 1898-1941. N. p., 2014. Web. 11 Apr. 2017.The Hagley Woods Murder"The Hagley Woods Murder". Stuff You Missed in History. N. p., 2016. Web. 11 Apr. 2017.BBC News | UK | Murder mystery returns to haunt village" BBC News | UK | Murder Mystery Returns To Haunt Village". News.bbc.co.uk. N. p., 2017. Web. 11 Apr. 2017.The Hagley Woods Mystery: Bella in the Wych Elm"The Hagley Woods Mystery: Bella In The Wych Elm". theunredacted.com. N. p., 2016. Web. 11 Apr. 2017.Google Maps"Google Maps". Google Maps. N. p., 2017. Web. 11 Apr. 2017.Bella in the Wych Elm"Bella In The Wych Elm". Brian Haughton.com. N. p., 2017. Web. 11 Apr. 2017.