Frienemies [Maxwil]

<fluff>

Third Person POV

Wilson kept hearing the voices, the whispers coming from seemingly everywhere. A few cuts were scattered across his body from fighting a few Tallbirds to get the eggs from their nests. Four, to be exact. He couldn't handle the last one, so he had led it to the Beefalo to get them to kill it. Now, he leaned against a three, trying to catch his breath.

A bird flew by, causing him to jump back, tripping on a stump of a tree. He fell back, dropping a few sticks from his inventory. "D-Damn.. Just a bird, Higgsbury.. Calm down.." he tried to assure himself, but he could barely hear himself over the whispers. He felt as if his mind was being invaded. As he slowly got up, he heard a twig snap behind him. He screamed and ran, daring not to look back.

He ran until he couldn't run any more. He collapsed on the ground, sweat dripping from his head. The sun started to set as he just sat himself down. "Night is coming.. Oh no.." he mumbled to himself. He heard foot steps behind him, but stayed still. It's all in my mind... Just ignore it, and it'll go away.. He thought as a small whimper escaped his parted lips. He started to tremble, waiting for impending death.

He felt something go around his head, then reached up. "Flowers..?" He mumbled to himself, then looked back, seeing the tall man before him. Suddenly, the whispers started to quiet down. Maxwell reached a hand out.

"Say Pal, you don't look so good." He said with a lopsided grin. Wilson reached out and grabbed the other males hand, rising to his feet. "Hey, come back to my camp for tbe night. Seeing by how the sun is setting, it'll be dark in about thirty minutes." Maxwell said in a slightly conerned tone.

Wilson nodded with a smile as he walked close to Maxwell, not letting go of his hand, as if he did that he would never be able to grab it again. Not that Maxwell didn't mind. He found it quite adorable of the smaller male. Maxwell led the way back to his camp, reluctantly releasing the other male's hand when they had gotten there.

The moment they stepped in, the sun started to set fully, shadows making their way across the camp. He quickly ran over to the fire pit and threw a whole grass tuft in, causing the flame to erupt. Wilson jumped back at the sudden light, but realized it wasn't harmful.

"Wilson, come on over. The fire won't bite, but if you stand over there, Charlie might." He said with a sad chuckle, then looked back to the fire. Wilson realized he was in the shadows and ran to the fire pit.

"T-Thank's again.. You're not as bad as i thought, you know.." Wilson said in a soft tone, staring down at the fire too. "Sorry if i screamed in your face earlier. I couldn't tell reality from insanity." He reached up and felt the flower crown around his head, soft petals meeting his touch. A small smile appeared on his face.

"Well, you've been looking rough the past few days. I don't wanna see you dead. Besides, i had some spare petals i wanted to get rid of." He stated as he got out a top hat from his inventory. "I don't need some silly flowers when i've got this instead." He grinned as he placed it on his head, memories flooding into his mind. His grin dipped into a frown as his eyes seemed to stare off at nothing.

Wilson saw this, though hard from his position. He reached out and hugged onto Maxwell, wrapping his arms tightly around the other males stomach. "Hey.. Calm down, Max.."he said in a soothing tone.

Maxwell glanced down, then softly pushed Wilson away. He sat down on the grass terrain, then wrapped his arms around the gentleman scientist. "Thank you.." He mumbled his responce. Wilson smiled to himself and hugged Maxwell back. He looked into the shadows, not seeing any eyes peering back at him. His sanity was at its peek. He questioned how his sanity had went up so fast, but quickly forgot about it.

"Hey, Maxwell.. We should get some sleep. It's not healthy staying up so many nights." Wilson talked to the other male, slowly pulling away. Maxwell rolled his eyes, the lopsided grin coming back.

"Says the one who hasn't slept in almost a week." Maxwell said playfully. Wilson giggled and rubbed the back of his neck, looking towards the shadow to hide to light dusting of pink on his face.

"Ah, shut up, you big dork."

~ ~ ~

Oh hecc i did something. I mean, it's probably really boring, but i tried at the very least.

I hope you all enjoyed this one shot! Remember, i take requests! Fluff, smut, feels, any ship, or just a plain x Reader.

Anyway, i hope you all have a wonderful day! Or if you're in your bed at night reading this, i hope you get some good sleep.

I will see you all in the next chapter~ Goodbye!~