Chapter 3

"Welcome back students!" Headmaster Obrien says "Now we have some special announcements, we will be trying a new way of getting to know your'e roommate. Instead of just talking, you will see pieces of paper and pens on  the table, you will answer the questions on the paper and write them down, and turn them into your dorm room inspector."

I don't want to answer questions, I just want to talk to her. Why does everything have to be a assignment here.

"Now a super special announcement for our senior. The Prince Mitch will be selecting the princess from our school!" Obrien announces

Wait the prince? I thought he would go to Vandy. All the seniors are freaking out. I really don't care. All the world offical's sons people pick their wives here. Then everyone who doesn't get picked is sent out in the world. I won't be picked. I will find someone I love by myself. I look across the table Hanna seems excited, but not because of the prince because of the food put in front of her. I heard that Vandy has the worst food, and we have the best. 

In front of us is a bowl full of rich and creamy cheese soup, and duck. One good thing about Bretten is the food. I slowly eat not really wanting to work on my roommate assignment. I may like her, but I still am a quiet and reserved person. I finish eating my dinner, I get up and take me and Hanna's dishes to the rack. On my way back I bump into someone I didn't want to see. Kim.

"Watch out, nasty!" Kim says 

We were roommates in sophomore year. I think I talked to her twice. She took a immediate disliking to me, I hate her too. I don't really care about her. I walked back to my table so Hanna and I could start to work on our roommate paper. 

"Ready to start?" I ask Hanna as I grab the paper and a black pen.

"Yeah, but who was that girl?" She asks, man, I was hoping she wouldn't see.

"Old roommate, it's nothing." It really isn't she hates me, I hate her. I don't see the problem. Well she tried to start a fight with me, but she stopped before the teachers could come. Fighting is a big no-no in the brown's world. I look down to my paper.

What's your roommate's full name? Hanna Evelyn Pexil

"So what's your middle name?" Hanna asks me, my middle name is my mom's first name. It makes me sad thinking that she's gone. I mean she was blonde, I knew if anyone found out my dad was hiding her she would be killed. It happened a day around 6 years ago. They found her. 6 months later my dad died.

"Marie" I tell her I try not to show sadness, I look and ask Hanna more of the questions. I found out that she has an older brother. He will come to pick a girl to marry from here since he is a rich man. She loves reading and science just like me. She told me that she has alot of family drama that she plans to solve when she gets out of school. 

"What do they hate more than anything?" I ask Hanna, I hate this question. Well no. I don't hate the question I hate the answer the girls next to us said; blondes. I see the hate on Hanna's face when she hears it. Were in the same position. I can't show hatred though, Hanna doesn't know. 

"I hate history more than anything" Hanna says, she asks me

Honestly I hate browns. No, I don't. I hate anyone that is mean about hair color. It's just wrong we are all the same at heart. No one knows I'm blonde, I have lived with these girls for years, and all they do is hate on the blondes. Just because their not what they look like. It's just wrong we are all the same. I want to tell Hanna this. She is the only person since my dad has died, I have even come close to liking. I have only known her three hours, I can't trust her. Yet.

"Fish" I say to her, I really do hate fish. It tastes gross.

Hanna and I finish up our questions and give our papers to our dorm room inspector Katie. We leave the mess hall and walk the long walk to our room. I finish unpacking, then I lay down and fall asleep immediately.