Chapter seven-teen

Jaxon

I sat by her door as she sobbed her heart out. I felt so bad that I made her cry. I shouldn't of hit her wall or tried to force her to tell me what Ivan did to her.

Ivan, he's a fucking scumbag. If he died I don't think anyone would honestly even car about it. He's a monster and anyone who doesn't know or see that I feel extremely sorry for. The sobbing came to a stop and I slowly walked in her room. She was sound asleep. I walked over to take a look at her face. She looked amazing, even with smudged makeup and bags under her eyes she looked beautiful. I kissed her forehead and walked out of the room. When I got to the living room my phone rang.

"What is it Wes?" I asked when I answered the phone. I sort of enjoyed talking to Wes while Celeste was gone. He's just like her, well she's just like him. He's a goofball and he likes to explore but his mind s very wise. He knows when its time to be serious and right now was one of these times.

"I heard that Celeste is back, is she okay?" He asked. He sounded worried, he is her dad after all. Whether she knows it or not, he is her family. He always has some soft of bond with her, even if she didn't know it he looked out for her.

"About that, sh-"

"What happened to her" He started to panic, I heard him start moving stuff around in the background and he started pacing.

"She's okay sir. Ivan just roughed her up a bit" I told him. I heard something smash in the background and I jumped from the loud noise.

"I never fucking liked that boy" He muttered and I agreed with him. There was always something off about Ivan. "Listen I called you because I really want Celeste to know I exist" He continued and I opened my mouth to speak but I didn't know what to say.

"Okay" Is all I could get out and he sighed.

"Listen I know she's going through a lot right now but maybe if she knew she had myself and her sister then she would feel a little better" He told me and I started thinking about it.

I started to daydream, I could see her smiling and laughing with her dad and him walking with her through the park.

"Listen, maybe I could speak with you today. In person, meet me at the warehouse a few blocks over and we'll talk there. Oh and I have a surprise for you" He told me and then hung up the phone. I checked on Celeste one last time before I left and then wrote her a note stating that she should stay in the house and I'll be back in a couple hours. I grabbed my keys and walked out of the apartment.

When I was driving it felt so nice to be out of the house and not worry about Celeste for a few minutes. Not that I need to worry about her, I just do. When she was gone I would always think about what was going on, what she was doing and how she was. It was a nightmare, and when I found out Ivan was abusing her the whole time I knew that I would never let her go again.

I got to the warehouse about ten minutes after I left. When I got out of my car I saw Wes standing there with his "men" as he likes to call it. Wes is very rich, he lives in a California mansion, while we live in what's the dump of New York city. he's been staying in a private hotel for a while though because of what was going on with Celeste.

"Aye, Jaxon my boy!" Wes shouted and I smiled and laughed at him. He patted me on the back as we walked to the front of the warehouse.

"So, about you meeting Celeste" I told him and he nodded. He put a piece of gum in his mouth and chewed it a bit before he started talking again.

"Yeah, I want her to meet me but not right at this moment in time, maybe a few weeks a month even" He explained to me and I looked at him. He understood that she was going through a lot right now and telling her today would be a lot of stress on her.

"I agree, if she feels better in a couple weeks I'll tell you, how do you plan on telling her anyway?" I asked and he smiled at me. I could tell that he clearly had a plan.

"That's where your surprise comes in, I've been building a house a block or two away from my mansion for quite some time now for Celeste" He told me and I looked at him, how is that my surprise, if anything it's a downgrade not only do I have to stay here in New York but its without Celeste.

"I don't mean to be a downer , but how does this help me?" I asked him and he laughed.

"I'm not leaving you here, without you Celeste would still be with that Ivan kid. I want you to live in the house with her" He told me and I jumped up.

"Are you serious, thank you so much!" I yelled and he told me to calm down a bit. "When do we get to move?"

"I want you to tell her you're moving today, don't tell her how you got the house just say that you were saving up. I want you to take it now to get away from that Ivan boy. I'll deal with him and you guys just get out of New York so she never has to deal with any of his shit again" He told me sternly and I nodded at what he said. It was a really good idea, she'll probably question me further about the house but I'm sure that when she meets Wes he'll explain everything.

"How soon can we get in the house?" I asked him, I don't understand how our furniture will get there and how we will move so quickly, and my job. I'm a cop I cant just get up and leave my uncle and what he's given me.

"I already have furniture in there for you, and I have a job back there for you if you want it, I already spoke to your uncle and he understands as of now you don't have a job in New York anymore" He told me and scrunched my eyebrows, what was the job he could've possibly gotten me. I'm not qualified for a lot of things because of my education level.

"What is the job?" I asked and he looked me in the eye. Its his method of convincing, he wants me to take this job.

"I want you to work for me, as one of my men" He told me and I thought about it. Why would I want to be one of those men.

"No offence, but don't you have enough men" I told him as I point to all of the guys standing by his car. He laughed before he answered me.

"They don't protect me everywhere, they just guard my cars and stuff, you won't go with me everywhere either but my big deals I need you to go with me, you'll be like an under cover guard" He told me and I thought about it. That would be pretty cool, and it would get my strength up a bit by helping him and I would know what to look out for when I see a toxic person.

"I'll do it" I told him and he hugged me. He wanted me because I proved that I could protect Celeste and that I could be trusted.

"Oh and I could bust Ivan for more than domestic violence" he told me and I gave him a questioning look before he began talking again. "I did some investigating in his yard, there was a dead body buried and there was a piece of Ivan's skin on there and the same knife that as used to kill the man was in Ivan's garage hidden in his drawer, also I did some investigating into the case of Celeste and the person who beat her up a few months ago and it was Ivan" He told me and I smiled. We got him, we actually got this guy. He's going to be spending years in prison.

"Wait, why wouldn't you want Celeste at the trial if you know he'll be going to prison" I asked him and he let out a puff of air.

"The man who was murdered was Celeste friend apparently after I found him I asked around in the neighborhood and he was with Celeste minutes before Ivan killed him. I don't want to bring back bad memories to Celeste either so I need you out of here within two weeks because that's when the trial is and they will make Celeste go if she is still in New York" He told me and I nodded. I looked at my phone and saw that I had been here for an hour. "You better get back to Celeste, tell her about the move and start getting everything together, you'll be getting on a private jet when you're flying to California"

"Thank you so much Wes" I told him and he nodded at me. I was so glad that Celeste could finally get out of all of this. That her life could be some what normal again. "Is it okay if I tell her about the move in a couple days? something happened today and I don't want to push her too far" I asked him and he nodded as he went back in his car.

"Just be out of here in two weeks" He yelled as he drove away. I thought about our life, we would be happier in California and she would never see Ivan again. I thought of us moving and just everything being okay again.

Maybe In California, we could move past all of this.