Memories

Daisy was five years old. It was the first day of school, the day she had been dreading since she had been told about it, because it would be her first whole day away from her family. 

Dudley was walking beside her, her small hand in his big one. Daisy had decided she wanted to walk to the primary school because it would give her more time to plan a way out of it. But, in no time at all, they were at the front door and then nearing her classroom.

"Have a good day, darling," her dad said, now crouched in front of her, speaking at eye level. Then straitened, turned and left. And Daisy realized she was not alone. There was a teacher beside her, and a room half-full of students behind her. She didn't move. She couldn't hear. She was solid rock, not even two teachers could move her. And then, she bolted, she ran as fast as she could, faster than the teachers, out the front door. Before she knew it, the teachers were out of sight and she was at home.

That wasn't the last strange thing to happen. When Daisy was 8 she and her best friend, Emma, had the greatest idea to cut and dye their hair. Emma took blue and purple dye from her sisters room, and they locked themselves in the bathroom. Her sister was supposed to be babysitting them, but had slacked off on the job. Long story short, Emma ended up with neat short purple hair, and Daisy ended up with very choppy, purply-blue hair. She went home crying about her hair, even though in he background she could hear Emma and her sister getting scolded.

Daisy went to sleep that night dreading to go to school with her crazy hair, but when she woke up she could feel her hair hanging around her shoulders like usual. When she looked in the mirror, her hair was the same length and style as they had been, although the ends were still blue.

It was late August, just after Daisy's 10th birthday. It was her final gift. Her parents had promised that they could go camping, Daisy's first time camping, for her birthday. They borrowed a tent from dad's coworker, and went out to a camp site by a lake. The first day had been amazing. After they set up the tent, they had gone canoeing, and hiking. To keep it like the stories, they had sat around their campfire and sung songs and Mom told a scary story (that wasn't really that scary) and ended with the monster becoming friends with the little girl.

After story telling Daisy and Poppy sat outside by the fire alone for a while after their parents went inside the tent. Poppy started to poke the dieing fire with a long stick. Daisy started to throw small blue flowers into the flame, just because she was bored.

To her and Poppy's astonishment the fire framed the flowers, only singing the edge of the petals. It looked like the flowers themselves were made of hot, blue flame. She threw in more and more, each time they remained unburned for at least a whole minute. Poppy tried throwing them in, and nothing unusual happened.

The last memorable occasion was only a couple months before, when she had walked out it to the road, not noticing the car heading her way. Somehow, Daisy had blinked, and the car was on the other side of her as if she had passed right through it, or somehow flown over it. No one had seen that event, except, she guessed, the car driver.

How did you like this chapter? I named the story flower sparks, but then I realized that I hadn't planned a chapter for the story about the flaming flowers, so I added this one. It didn't turn out exactly how I wanted it, but hopefully it's okay. That's not the only reason for the story name either. Another reason was so that it wasn't just called "Dudley's Daughter" like everyone else's, and the other reason will be part of the story much later, so you'll have to wait!

Another thing is that I will be posting a few more chapters today, and at least one each day for the rest of this week up until chapter 14. I've already published that many on fanfiction.net, and then it will be a while until I get the next one up.