Between 9 and 10

All four Dursleys stood in Kings Cross station, between platforms 9 and 10.

"What do we do now?" Daisy asked.

"I have no idea," Dudley replied, his tone vague and flat, as if his mind wasn't quite focused on his current situation.

"What are you thinking about?" Poppy said, taking her father's hand.

"I was just thinking about all the times we left Harry here, and picked him up. Yet, somehow, we never saw how he got on the platform. Strange, isn't it? I don't understand how we were so uninterested - disgusted even - about his life."

Daisy looked at her dad, also deep in thought. Daisy didn't know much about Harry and Dudley's childhood relationship. She knew her grandparents had not approved of Harry's magic, and had treated him badly, but all she knew about her father's relationship was what he had told her. I was very mean to him, Daisy. I was a horrible person to him, and so many others, and I regret it. I wish I could change what had happened, but the best I can do is raise you and Poppy to be caring people. People who already know what matters most is not themselves.

"There's Harry now," Anna pointed as she said his name. Sure enough, the Potters, and several groups of Weasleys had come into view amid the crowd of people. It was hard to miss them, with so many red heads.

Harry smiled at all of them in greeting. "Ready to go to Hogwarts, Daisy?"

Daisy smiled back, "As ready as I'll ever be, I guess." Daisy still wasn't entirely sure what to expect at her new school. She had so many questions, like how does sorting work? what are the Hogwarts houses? Do we have to wear robes all the time? and many more.

"Then," Harry was was talking to everyone now, "you'll finally see how us wizards get to school." He motioned for the many Weasleys to go ahead of them.

First up, was Ron with Rose. They were pulling Rose's trunk on a trolley towards the brick wall at a swift pace, and in the end seemed to be running. And then they were gone.

Daisy blinked. How was that possible? There they were, about to crash, and then they were just gone. This happened again and again as more and more people went through the barrier and disappeared. Dudley, who was standing next to Daisy, appeared faint. Anna simply looked confused and Poppy was delighted and eager to go next.

Lucky for Poppy, it soon was their turn to go through. Harry put everyone with someone who had done this before, and prepared to go through. First, Lily ran with Poppy, who showed no fear whatsoever, through the brick wall and out of sight. That was all Daisy needed to boost her confidence. If her little sister, who might not have magic at all, could get through the barrier, well, then so could she. Ginny took hold of one side of the trolley and started to walk towards the barrier.

Here we go, Daisy thought. She and Ginny were running now, and they were going to crash. She could see it now, this was a stupid thing to do. The bricks were just bricks, and the impact would be hard and painful, but it was too late to turn back now. She closed her eyes as she neared the wall.

But the crash never came. When Daisy opened her eyes, she was on a platform, full of people. A scarlet steam engine stood on the tracks in front of her.

"Amazing, isn't it?" Poppy asked, suddenly appearing at Daisy's side.

Daisy just laughed. Amazing was an understatement.

Nearby, she saw a boy about her age, who was saying, "Dad, I think i've lost Buttercup again."

"Really, Frank," the man standing next to him said. He turned away to search, while muttering, "and I thought a cat would be harder to lose than a toad."