[3; CHAPTER THREE]

➳CHAPTER THREE

➳CHAPTER THREE

Marie Bell had plenty of outfits to choose from, but her cries of "I have nothing to wear!" that rippled throughout her neighbourhood told a much different story. 

She was sat on the middle of her bedroom floor, knees curled underneath her chin as she glanced around at the mountains of clothes that surrounded her. She usually adored every item of clothing she had ever treated herself with, but now, when she really needed to pick an outfit she viewed them under a darkening grey hue. All of my good clothes must be in the wash, she thought with a humph.

Her phone began to ring, and for a moment she dreaded the thought that it would be Monet's calling her, Skye never turning up to cover her shift. But the screen told her that Sheri was calling, with a sigh, she answered.

She didn't even have time to speak up before her best friends voice was rambling from the other end of the line, "Mar, where the hell are you girl? I thought you were helping me set up? The party starts in like twenty minutes."

"Oh yeah - don't worry I'm gonna be round in like two minutes, I'm just saying bye to my parents," Marie lied right through her teeth, banging her feet gently against her bedroom floor to add to the effect that she was walking around her house.

"Oh really? I must need my vision checking then because from where I'm standing it looks like you're curled up in a ball on your bedroom floor."

Marie jumped to her feet, she had completely forgot that Sheri's bedroom was directly across from her own. When they were kids they used to spend hours chatting through a tin can telephone that was stretched out along the meter distance between their two windows, when really, they were close enough to have a normal conversation anyway. As they got older and became more daring, they used to actually climb across the gap and into the others room, for secret sleepovers when their parents had told them "no". However that game soon ended when Sheri's Dad saw his daughter dangling from Marie's windowsill, scrambling to get inside her room. 

Marie hang up on the call and jogged to the window, to see Sheri looking at her with raised eyebrows, "come on Marie, I've been waiting for you for like an hour. Some of the guys are already here setting up the keg."

"I know, I know," she raised her hands guiltily, "I just don't know what to wear S."

"Stop messin' girl, I want you round in ten minutes otherwise I'm not letting you in," Sheri grinned playfully, pointing a finger at Marie as she stood just a couple of meters away, before the two of them closed their windows in unison.

Marie knew that there was no way Sheri wasn't going to let her in, but it still caused her to activate panic mode as her eyes scanned all of the mess she had made to locate an outfit. Mentally, she constructed an outfit made up of an off the shoulder white top, black jeans and lace up sandals, before dashing around her room to find her imaginary outfit. It was a cute look, nothing special, it was just cute.