[13; CHAPTER THIRTEEN]

➳CHAPTER THIRTEEN

➳CHAPTER THIRTEEN

Marie felt the school was taunting her after the heartbreak from the previous night. As the day she returned to Liberty High just had to be the same day that "Oh My Dollar Valentines" were the words on everyone's lips, with a massive heart banner hanging over the main doors into the school. Heart confetti was scattered along the corridor floors, and heart stickers were stuck to every locker. Sheri and a few of the other girls on the cheer team had stayed behind after school before the party to decorate the place ready for Valentines Day. However, in her dull mood, Marie hated her best friends efforts, trying her best to peel the sticker off of her own locker, which had not been opened in months.

After finally remembering the combination which had slipped her memory in the midst of events  over the past couple of months, she rolled her eyes to find a fuchsia pink Dollar Valentines form had been posted inside. She was tempted to screw it up, maybe even eat it, after all she was crazy hungry even after her bacon sandwich that morning, yet instead Marie found herself sighing and folding it up into her bag. Now Jeff had seemingly moved on, it wouldn't hurt her to try and find someone new.

She was about to head to Geography for second period when her phone vibrated in her pocket, it was a generated text from the school. Her lesson had been cancelled, the teacher was sick. She placed a hand to her forehead as she pondered how to spend her rare free period. She couldn't risk going to the library as she knew she couldn't stomach the possibility of seeing Jeff, especially if he was with the girl from the previous night. Then she remembered Sheri telling her how she had been given the day of off timetable to help with Dollar Valentines, so she headed to the canteen to go find her friend.

When she saw Sheri she was typing away on her laptop, intelligently telling the girl sat opposite her about some "algorithm", before grabbing a pink print out and grinning at the sheet before handing it over to the other girl. 

"Now not too many people have handed theres in yet, but you've got some pretty good matches," Sheri explained, wiggling her brows at the girl. She whispered something to her whilst pointing at a name before the girl too began to chuckle in an infective happiness, before getting up and practically skipping away.

"Ew," Marie huffed at the sign of joy, in comparison to her own miserable self.

"Mar? Don't you have Geography?" Sheri exclaimed, beckoning her to come and sit down.

Marie shook her head with a sigh, "sick teacher. I figured I'd come and find you."

"Ah," Sheri nodded, eating a love heart shaped sweet from the bowl on the table, it felt as though the shape had become a plague. "I think Jeff has a free period right now, not that I don't want you here-"

"I don't really fancy seeing him."

"You guys had a fight or something? I don't know how you could've when you only came back yesterday," Sheri furrowed her brows, offering Marie a sweet to which she declined, for once.