[6; CHAPTER SIX]

➳CHAPTER SIX

➳CHAPTER SIX

"What can I get you guys? Coffee, hot chocolate, poison?" Marie hissed under her breath as she perched on the back counter at Monet's, raising her eyebrows as she saw the two of them walk into the coffee shop.

Skye Miller furrowed her  brows at Marie's words, turning around to see who her words were inspired by, "ah, I see. Want me to serve them?"

Marie shook her head, realising that ever since the dreadful list had circulated around Liberty High earlier that week, she and Skye and been getting along a lot better than their usually awkward exchanges of words. Neither one had actually mentioned the list in a silent deal not to bring it up, Marie understanding that Skye's mention on the list was unarguably a lot more hurtful and cruel than her own. Nevertheless, it had caused the usually frosty relations between the girls to thaw.

"No, I'm good," Marie shrugged, sliding off the counter and walking towards the customers in question, yet her legs were trembling as she waited for them to notice her.

"I won't be watching if you decide you want to spit in her drink," Skye smirked, her words loud enough for only Marie to hear, causing her to shake her head in amusement. That would be evil, she thought, but it does sound tempting.

"Jeff, Kelsey, funny seeing you here!" Marie forced a delighted tone into her voice, but it sounded hilariously unnatural, her words catching on her tongue as she spoke.

She bit her lip as she waited for the two people stood in front of her to register her words. When Jeff did, his neck snapped upwards from where he was glancing down at his hands, apparently having been trapped in an awkward situation, and a nervous grin filled his face. Kelsey, took a few seconds to realise Marie's presence, having been scrolling through her phone, yet when she understood who was stood in front of her, she swiftly locked her phone suddenly becoming infatuated with Jeff.

"Oh, hey Marie," Jeff scratched the back of his head as his eyes scanned the menu on the back wall.

"I've never been here before, what drinks are actually good?" Kelsey asked, pulling a puzzled expression as she glanced up at the menu's helplessly. If it was anyone else asking, it would have been an innocent question. Yet when Kelsey Reagan asked the question, it seemed like more of a snide remark.

"The Hot Chocolate is actually pretty amazing, if I do say so myself," Marie gritted her teeth as she responded.

"Oh well I'll have one of those then," the taller girl shrugged carelessly, tucking a strand of her hair behind her ears, as she peered back down at her phone again.

"Yeah same, please," Jeff smiled.

"Skye, two hot chocolates, thanks," Marie called over her shoulder to Skye, who nodded directing a glare at Kelsey and her lack of manners. Marie noticed Kelsey scoff slightly as she saw who would be making her drinks, yet thankfully she decided to hold in her mocking comments.