Park Encounters

Music
Cold by Aqualung & Lucy Shwartz

I woke up at around 8-ish. My curtains were wide open, allowing the light to shine in.
I got out of bed and opened the balcony doors, I walked out onto it. Feeling the cold marble floors against my feet.
I rubbed the sleep out of my eyes. Next door had a balcony too, mine had vines growing up the sides of the walls, roses growing from them. Beautiful. 'I could get used to this.' I thought to myself.
All of a sudden, there was a knock. Mom.
"Hey sweetie, your balcony is beautiful." I nodded in response. Me and mom... well we weren't very close. Obviously we loved each other, but sometimes we clashed.
"At least you're finally away from those girls back in Chicago ."
I walked back into my room. "Hm, yeah. But why exactly did we move here? Trust me, I know it wasn't because of them!"
"It's better for us here sweet," she sat on my bed, "better for you. Healthier in fact, Chicago isn't a good place for a child to grow up."
Get what I mean? We clashed. Mom always knew best, didn't she. "I'll leave you to get on with your business anyway. Your brother is feeling a bit better now, me and your dad are going to sort out the garden."
I, again, nodded in response.
I went into my en suite to get ready.
After getting a shower, brushing my teeth and exfoliating my face, I went into my bedroom. I then picked out an outfit.

Just a simple, yellow striped tee with a denim skirt, accessorised with a buckle belt and half moon choker

My inspiration for my outfits were the 90's. I had always been obsessed with this era, with their Walkmans, Nirvana tshirts and Leonardo DiCaprio posters. I just loved it all!
I applied some light makeup; foundation, concealer, highlight and filled in my eyebrows. Afterwards I just brushed my hair and was done.
I made my way to Sammy's room. He had decorated it with Hot Wheels posters, and his Lego models were already put up. Sam loved Lego.
He was sat on his bed, playing with his action men. 90's kid also, at heart.
"Hey Ren!" He exclaimed.
"You feeling a bit better?" I questioned, sitting beside him.
He made car noises and began making the toys fly in the air. "Yeah, a bit!"
"Think you're up for a trip to the park?"
Ted immediately lit up. "Definitely!" What can I say, he was easily amused.
1pm.
Teddy was all ready, and dad had given me directions to the park. After getting lost, walking in circles and somehow waking past our house 6 times, we eventually arrived.
It was mediocre; there was a swing, slide, monkey bars, mini zip line. Just your average park, nothing special.
I went to sit on a swing, when I noticed it was occupied, by non other than Cole. He was, again, reading a book. I guess he liked reading.
I let Samuel go and play and I tentatively sat on the swing next to Cole.
I got my phone out and went on Instagram to make it look like I was busy.
I pretended to type when he put down his book and looked at me, I looked up from my phone.
"Why did you move here anyway?" The boy asked. His voice was slightly low and nasally.
"Oh, nice to see you too." I said bluntly.
"You didn't answer my question."
"I dunno, Riverdale is supposedly better?!" He laughed at my comment.
"Oh really?"
I shrugged, and looked back down at my phone. "How's your face?" Cole smirked.
I felt myself blush. "Awwwe, your blushing, how sweet." He said sarcastically. "You hit that window pretty hard, what were you doing, looking at me?"
"You wish. Shouldn't you be at school anyway?"
"Didn't feel like staying. Anyway what about you? Shouldn't you be at school?" He said mocking my voice.
"I don't start until tomorrow."
"Riverdale High?"
"Er yeah..."
Teddy ran up to us. "Hi, I'm Teddy." He waved at Cole. Cole beamed at him. "Hey there dude, I'm Cole. Like your top." The teen pointed to my brothers Hot Wheel tshirt.
"Thanks, I love Hot Wheels!"
"Well, yunno, you're coming over to my house tonight with your mommy, daddy and lovely sister. We're having dinner. I have a whole box of Hot Wheels from when I was younger, you can have them if you want?"
Sammy looked so excited, "Really? Thank you so much! You hear that Ren, more Hot Wheels!"
I nodded, turning to look at Cole. "Yeah, that's awfully nice of Cole isn't it." I said sarcastically. My brother nodded.
"Anyway I have to go now," I hadn't noticed Cole had had a skateboard beside him, "stuff to do. But I'll see you later." He put it on the floor and put his book back in his black backpack. "See you later Sam. Oh yeah, and Serena, Riverdale High? Guess we'll be seeing more of each other than you expect." And withj that he skated out of the park.
"Our neighbours are so cool!" Sam exclaimed.
"Hmm yeah."