Angsty Teens

When Samuel and I got in, it was already 6:30pm.
     After Cole left, Sam and I went on the slides together and basically just messed around for a bit.
     "Quickly get ready Serena." My dad said to me as soon as I shut the front door. He was already wearing a suit and tie.
    He took Teddy upstairs to his room to sort out his clothes. I soon followed and also went upstairs.
     I had already picked out a dress to wear. It was grey and there was a slit that went up the leg.

I proceeded to curl my hair then brush it to make it wavy

     Then I made my way to the en suite where I brushed my teeth and washed my face of the old makeup I was wearing.
      Following that, I applied some primer then foundation. I put some concealer on under my eyes, around eyebrows, on my cheek bones then down my nose.
     After blending it all, I brushed on some bronzer along my jawline and on my cheek bones. I proceeded to blend that aswell. I grabbed one of my pallets then did my eye makeup.
       Afterwards, I added a tiny bit of blush, then finished with some highlight. Done.
    For shoes, I just put on a pair of my low rise, black Converse. And for the next half an hour, I sat on my phone and listened to music.
     "REN?!" I heard from downstairs. I took out my headphones, shut my door and ran downstairs. My family was waiting in the hallway.
     Dad in his suit, mom in her red dress and little Sam in his mini suit. "You look stunning Ren!" Exclaimed my dad. I smiled, slightly embarrassed. I wasn't amazing at taking compliments, well to be honest, I never really got any. Yeah I know, how depressing.
      My dad locked up the house, and we made our way up the path to next door.
        My mom knocked on the door and Mel answered.
     "Oh hey guys!" She was all dressed up in a pinstriped suit. She kissed us all on the cheek as we made our way inside. "You look beautiful Serena!" I blushed again.
     "Thanks, s-so do you." Mel showed us into the dining area. There was a long table, cutlery already laid out. Along with bread rolls, wine glasses and napkins.
       "Serena, why don't you go upstairs to talk to the boys? I'm sure it would be lovely to get to know them before you start school tomorrow. Oh and Samuel, would you. E able to help me with desert in the kitchen please?."
      My dad gave me an encouraging look and I nodded. "Straight up the stairs, I think Dylan is roaming around so he'll probably show you around."
       I made my way up the marble flooring all the way to the first floor. Mel was right, I did in fact see Dylan 'roaming around'.
     He was wearing a white shirt and some smart black trousers. He looked like he was looking for something, as he was looking through the cupboards on the landing.
     I cleared my throat and he immediately turned around. 
      "Oh, hi. Serena?" I nodded. "I'm just looking for my tie, I can't find it." He continued looking through the drawers.
       "Let me help." I began searching through drawers and cupboards with him. I went to the top floor. "Have you checked in here?" I yelled, he must have knew which room I was talking about, because like my house, there was only one room on the top floor. The attic room.
      "I-I wouldn't go in there if I were-." But before Dylan finished his sentence I opened the door to see Cole sat on his bed, writing in a black journal.
      "What the fuck?!" He eyeballed me, putting down his pen.
   "I'm sorry, I didn't know this was your room." Cole also had a white shirt on and a pair of smart, black trousers. He, however, was wearing a tie.
     "What can I do for you?" He said bluntly, putting his journal away, and standing up. 
     "Dylan lost his tie." I stood my ground.
   Cole looked under his bed and pulled out a black tie, the same as his own, and ruthlessly through it at me. "Thanks?" The angsty teen tutted at me and got closer.
     "Move then."
    We both went to Dylan's floor, however Cole carried on walking. Huffing and puffing.
     "There you go Dylan." I passed him his tie.
  "You're a life saver, you know that Serena?" He lifted up his collar and began to tie it.
    "Call me Ren." I beamed.

When Dylan and I went into the dining area, everyone was sat down and waiting. "Sorry we were late." Dylan apologised, "I lost my tie, Ren helped me look for it."
    "Awe, that's nice of you. Right guys sit down, I'll bring in the first course." Mel stood up and made her way into the kitchen. My mom and dad were sat at the end of the table together. Dylan at the opposite end.
   Mel was near Sammy, and I was near...Cole. Great.
     I sat down and he immediately tensed up. My mom and dad went into deep conversation; a debate on sporks.
     "What's your problem?" I whispered to Cole
"I don't believe I have one." He hissed back.
     I laughed quietly, "You're so fucking rude!"
  "Sorry babe, I'm just an angsty teen. Leaf me alone."
     "Leaf? Wow you're hilarious." I said rolling my eyes.
    As if on queue, Mel came back I holding glasses of prawn cocktails. She gave us all a glass, all but Teddy, who she gave mini chicken kebabs.
      "Thank you." I smiled as she put the glass down in front of me. It looked absolutely delicious, and we all tucked in.
     "So how old are you Serena?" Questioned Mel, whilst taking a bite of one of her prawns.
       "I'm seventeen."
   "That's lovely, so are the boys, aren't you?" Dylan nodded, smiling at me. He was sat opposite Cole and I. "So, if you don't mind me asking, where are you from?"
     "Well, my dad is from Valencia in Spain, and my mom is from Chicago. My er, mom went to Valencia for a bit to study Spanish and that's where she met my dad. I was born there, but we moved to Chicago when I was six."
      "So you speak the language?" Cole scoffed at his mothers stupid remark.
     "Bueno, sí, por supuesto, obviamente hablo español fluido porque im de allí. ¿Qué, hablo francés?" My dad then eyeballed me at my cocky.
    "I think the Spanish language is beautiful. The boys in fact, were born in Italy. They don't speak the language but hey ho. Dylan is a kean sportsman, aren't you hun ?" He nodded. "And Cole here is a bookworm." Melanie laughed.
      "I wanna be a journalist mom, I'm not a bookworm."
  "Well Antonio finally starts work tomorrow, he's working on blueprints for the new ARTRO building."
     "Really?" Dad nodded, "Very fancy. I wish you luck." Mel smiled, eating another prawn.
     "And I'm going into the catering business, cakes and bread are my specialty." Added my mom, looking rather proud. She was so full of herself.
      "I do love to cook, food is freedom I say." My mom nodded at Mel's  "inspirational" saying.
     I heard Cole groan with embarrassment, trust me, I felt his pain.

        After eating our starters, Mel brought out a huge chicken. Nothing much happened. We just ate.
     The adults spoke of work and what seasonings Mel used to give the chicken "an autumn feel", her words not mine.
      Dylan, Cole and I sat in silence eating. Every now and then laughing at Sammy getting gravy all over his mouth, and somehow his forehead.
        Mel came in with desert, they were chocolate fudge brownie sundaes, which her and Sam had made. They didn't look pretty bad for the work a small child. And they didn't taste half bad either.

       We didn't get in until about 11ish, and I had to go to bed as I had school the next day. So I immediately ran upstairs to get washed.
      I put on a onesie and set my alarm for 7:45am.