Sherlock Holmes Imagine

*Yandere!Reader -- My writing style for Yandere characters isn't as violent as some, and it's more of an obsession or heavy interest in the person then murderous "they must be mine". *

You spied the long coat and warm scarf first, then his curly hair and sharp, serious face. He piqued your interest almost immediately, and you watched him from where you sat as long as you could. When he and his little friend tried to leave your sight, however, you got up to follow them.

You'd followed people before, no biggie. All you had to do was watch them and pretend like you weren't, even lose sight of them for a little bit if the situation required it. These two were easy to trail, as they didn't suspect anything and only thought of what was in front of them (at least you thought so).

The more you followed, the more interested you became. He was quite a specimen if you did say so yourself, and you absolutely needed to know him more. His short friend, colleague, whatever the hedgehog was, he was of no value to you. You weren't going to kill him, of course not, but distracting him is something that might get the tall man alone.

"John!" A voice called across the street from you. You looked over to see a woman waving at the pair of people you had decided to fascinate yourself with, so you slowed your walk down.

"There's Mary, I better go Sherlock." John sent a look to his companion before crossing the street quickly to get to Mary. How convenient. Your walking had brought you closer to Sherlock, if that was his name, as he had stopped when Mary first called out. What an interesting name Sherlock was. You smiled, pleased you had found someone with a 'different' quality about him that made him unique.

Sherlock pulled a face, that representing someone seeing a carcass of a skunk on the road, before turning to keep walking, mumbling to himself. You weren't close enough to hear what was troubling him, but you suspected it might have to do with that John fellow. However, you didn't try to catch up, knowing you'd be much more noticeable if you decided to listen in on the words not intended for your ears.

"Why are you following me?" The man you tailed stopped short, turning his head to look back at you. His voice was deeper than you thought it would be originally, but all these new surprises made you somewhat giddy. It was quite an emotion you liked.

"You're rather a puzzle, aren't you?" You stepped up, trying to make it sound like you knew him. You didn't know him, yet, but that was going to change. "Sherlock, is that your name?" He nodded stiffly.

"And you are?"

"(Y/N) sir." You smiled, trying to look like pleasant company so he wouldn't simply roll his eyes, spout out some goodbye, and walk away from you. You didn't like being walked away from.

"Why have I gained your interest?"

"I've never truly met someone like you, you're mysterious, quite an interesting feature if I do say so." His entire presence left you asking questions, and it felt like you were searching for clues to figure out a case, the case being this man. You didn't know how willing he was to open up, or how complicated his story was, so you didn't know when the case was going to be solved. You rather liked the rush you were starting to feel at the idea of picking up bits and pieces, learning little things about him, to finally succeed in knowing who he was.

"Quit following me." He was blunt, wasn't he? You smiled, tilting your head and raising your eyebrows.

"Why?"

"Why must you have a reason?" He scoffed. "You don't need a reason to stop."

"It would make me more willing."