Proposal

*he proposes!*

All

He told you to head to a lovely park you both had visited at least once. It had a sweet scent in the air, like freshly cut flowers, but the sights reminded you of him. It was probably cause they were both breathtaking, him and the view.

As you waited, you watched the many people pass by, none of them being your lover. The slight breeze pushed any loose strands of hair away from your face, and you looked up at the trees rustling, their leaves clashing together to make the noise.

Then he came.

Sherlock Holmes

You didn't see him approach, didn't even know he was on one knee behind you till you saw something shift on the edge of your vision. You turned, certainly not expecting to see your Sherlock about to propose.

"I may not be the nicest person you've ever met, in fact I know I'm not, and putting up with me must be difficult. But you've made it this far, and I know you're ready to take the next step, so....Will you marry me?" He obviously knew you'd say yes, so he was prepared for when you pulled him into the biggest hug he'd ever been in and screamed "Yes" over and over.

John Watson

John walked up behind you and tapped your shoulder, startling you. As you spun around, he smiled brightly.

"Hey (Y/N)." He said.

"Oh, hi." You flushed, embarrassed. You shouldn't be so jumpy, especially because you knew he was coming.

"Sorry I kept you waiting."

"Oh, no, it was fine." You noticed something off about him, like he was more tense than usual. You automatically became concerned. "Are you alright?"

"Yes, yes, fine." He stared at a particularly large tree for a while and neither of you spoke. You didn't know what to do so you just left him to his thoughts. "I love you (Y/N), I really do." You smiled, but before you could get a word in, he continued. "And, if you're up for it, I want to spend the rest of my days with you by my side." He pulled out a ring in a small box and got down on one knee. "So will you, (Y/N) (L/N), marry me?"

Tears came to your eyes and you nodded, smiling. Your eyes glistened and he got back onto his feet, pulling you into a kiss.

Greg Lestrade

"It's getting rather cold, isn't it?" Greg called out to you. You nodded, a smile already appearing on your face at the sight of him.

"Imagine waiting for someone to show up out here, alone. It'd be just awful, wouldn't it?" Your playful tone made him roll his eyes, trying to keep his expression serious.

"I ran all the way here from the Yard if that makes you feel any better."

"Some, I guess." You walked over to meet him and were met with a kiss. "Hm, what was that for?" You smiled. There was just something...different about it than the other ones.

"A confidence boost for this." He smiled. "I thought I could fluff it up a bit, but I think I should just get to what I need to ask: Will you marry me?" While he was talking, he moved to one knee and held a pretty case up, and after his last statement, he popped it open.

"Yes!" You shouted much louder than was necessary, but you were beyond excited. "But, I just have to ask, why no fluff?"

"Because we both already know you're the most beautiful girl in the world."

Mycroft Holmes

"What's a pretty lady doing here all alone?" A familiar voice called. You grinned but didn't face him.

"I'd say waiting on a handsome man, but it appears he has arrived." After he spooned you from behind, you looked back at him with a gleam in your eye. "So why'd you bring me out here?"

"Well..." He paused, an uncharacteristic of him. He pulled something out of his pocket and got down on one knee. "(Y/N), you're the loveliest person I've had the pleasure of meeting, and it would mean the world to me if you married me." He held up a small box with a gleaming ring inside. "So will you marry me?" Mycroft was then tackled to the ground.

"Yes!"

James Moriarty

"I didn't know it was possible for me to fall in love with somebody." James commented, stepping up beside you and taking in the view you had been admiring. "But I guess life is full of surprises."

"I'd agree with that." You glanced at him.

"For instance, I bet this is a surprise." He pulled a ring out of his pocket and held it up so the setting sun's rays could catch it. You gasped, admiring it. It was beautiful! "I love you (Y/N), and a day without you is a day I never want to see. Will you marry me?" You were lost for words, so you simply nodded, making him grin.