Chapter 13

"Absolutely not!" My manager screeched at me, sounding more annoying than a Chatot. We were currently in my Hotel room in Nimbasa City. She had dragged me back over here as soon as she had found me in the Pokemon Centre, and had then started to drill peck my head with her scolding. When I had found an opening, as she paused to take a deep breath, I spoke up, telling her that I was going on a journey to chase down Team Plasma.

She didn't take it well.

Actually, that was an understatement. She had gone very still, as she had been frozen, then had gone very red to the point where I thought she was going to use overheat. Which brings us back to...

"Absolutely, utterly, definitely not!" She shouted at me.

I calmly crossed my legs and leaned back in my seat, raising my eyebrows at her, "you know, I've always followed your instructions to the best of my abilities. I gave up a lot to keep you as a manager, as you are one of the best on the market. But now, I'm through with listening to you. You may think this will ruin my 'image,' but I really don't care about that," I laughed bitterly, then leaned forward, my face very serious, "all I care about right now is defending Unova. I'm its Champion, and even if I wasn't I would still give it my all to go out there and help this wonderful region. People can frown all they want at my behaviour, but hey, if they can frown it at least means they're alive! But they won't be if Ghetsis takes over power!"

My manager just stood there, looking at me as if I had grown an extra head. I merely stood up, whilst keeping my composure, and headed towards the door. I opened it and gestured forward, "so go. You're free to do whatever you want!"

Without any further words she just left, forcing her eyes not to meet mine as she walked out.

As soon as the door was closed, I threw myself on the bed, sighing. For Arceus' sake, that was hard. I was so angry, but I had wanted to look calm and serious instead of childish by screaming and shouting.

I looked up at the ceiling, allowing myself to rest for five seconds before I stood up, ready to pack for tomorrow.

******The following morning*******

I strolled in early into the Pokémon Centre. I almost skipped along, feeling comfortable and free in my usual clothes, which consisted of some blue, ripped shorts, a white t-shirt with a sleeve-less black jacket over it, my pink and black boots, my pink bag and, of course, my pink and white hat. I was full of energy and ready to go, but there was something I had to do before leaving Nimbasa City. I quickly gave my six pokeballs to Nurse Joy so that she could check over my pokemon's health, and then after I asked her a question. She replied to me after checking her computer and I thanked her, promising to return for my pokemon in a bit as I made my way to the stairs.

After five minutes, I stood in front of an oak door, preparing myself to knock. Here we go...

A few seconds after knocking, a sleepy figure opened the door, standing there just wearing a pair of simple, white shorts and an oversized, white T-shirt, with her hair all over the place and her hands rubbing at her eyes as she yawned. However, she paused mid-yawn and her eyes widened as she realised who I was.

I laughed lightly, the proceeded to greet her, "good morning, Rosa."

"Ch-Champion T-Touko?" she stuttered.

I frowned, "just call me Touko. Anyway, may I come in?"

"O-Oh, how rude of me! Of course you can come in!" she moved to the side to allow me to step into her room, then closed the door after I had entered.

"Sorry about the mess, I was still sleeping," she apologised with a red face.

"Oh no, don't apologise! I'm the one who's sorry, as I woke you up!"