02

Malia

I feel like I have my heart in my hands. Always looking at the damn door, biting my nails, shaking hands and feeling drops of sweat down my face.

"Malia, could you please calm down?" my mom was feeling anxious about my behavior today. "It's just a basketball player"

"Mom, it's not just a basketball player" I said dramatically "It's the basketball player, it's the career, it's the shot for me to step up in my professional life" I don't know what I would be without this physiotherapy life. It's what keeps me going "Plus, you don't wanna help me out with him because you say I'm the one for the job"

"That's why I'm telling you, you should be the one to take care of his career because it's an opportunity for you to have recognition for your work here" my mom rested her hands in my face, smiling "And I've never said I wouldn't help you... I only said I wouldn't take credit for the whole work"

"Whatever mom" I rolled my eyes. "Could you help me out with these?" I asked, pointing at some boxes on the floor.

My mom nodded and helped me picking the boxes. When we were heading ourselves to the basement, we heard the door being opened.

"May we?" a tall white skin guy asked, peeking his head at the front door. I noticed there were some heads behind him. We nodded together for them to come in "I'm Matthew Johnson. I called the clinic three days ago..."

"Oh you're the strength coach of the Chicago Bulls" my mom remembered "Welcome to the clinic!" my mom extended her hand to the man in front of her "I believe Jimmy is that handsome guy" my mom said pointing at a tall dark skin guy behind the group.

I'm not gonna lie... He's one hell of a piece.

He is very tall and his muscles really pop up to your eyes and it's pretty impossible not to notice.

"Yeah this is Jimmy Bu..." Michael tried to introduce Jimmy to us when he interrupted him.

"I've got a sprained ankle, I'm not mute tho" Jimmy said arrogantly "I'm Jimmy" he said a more nicely to my mom "You must be my physiotherapist"

Okay, somebody is having a rough day. What's up with the attitude?

"Nice to meet you Jimmy" my mom said greeting him "No, actually it's my daughter here" she pointed at me.

He was now standing in front of me, looking down like he was looking at a puppy "Aren't you too young?"

Okay, who the hell does he think he is?

"Excuse me?" I furrowed my eyebrows. I don't give a damn if he is a prestigious basketball player. He's got to have some respect for people.

"Okay can we all calm down please?" my mom asked playfully.

"My age is not relevant to your recovery, so let's just focus on getting you to play basketball again alright?" I continued staring at his eyes, completely ignoring my mom.

He continued staring at me as well, and it felt like a minute of complete silence had been installed in the room "Yeah, let's just stick to that" he said rolling his eyes "I'm Jimmy by the way" he extended his hand, arrogantly.

"Yeah, I kinda noticed that" I said ironically, ignoring his hand "I'm Malia"

"Okay, now that we've all met each other" my mom started nicely "Maybe we should establish Jimmy's physio sessions"

"Yes, we should probably do that" Michael began "Jimmy here really wants to make it to the playoffs" he placed one hand on Jimmy's shoulder "Although we don't know if that's even possible"

"I see" my mom began "Well I guess it's worth the try. Against all odds huh?" my mom smiled widely.

"That's great! We'll start tomorrow then" Michael finished "We'll see you tomorrow"

Jimmy and Michael were preparing themselves to leave, but Michael let Jimmy go ahead "I'm so sorry about him" Michael stopped in front of the door "He's just really pissed about the injury"

"Yeah we figur..." I was about to start my sentence when my mom interrupted me.

"It's okay sir, we understand the situation" my mom looked at me with the famous death look.

Michael left the clinic and my mom was deathly staring at me "What?" I asked with my hands in the air.

"Please remember that he's the patient, not you" my mom rolled her eyes "I don't want to loose the best patient we've ever had"

I sighed "You're right, I'm sorry" I know I overreacted but sometimes I can't control myself, especially when people like him think that they're superior just because they have this 'celebrity' label.

"Let's go" my mom instructed me to go drop those boxes "We've got work to do"

Jimmy

Me and Michael were already in the car, waiting for our driver to drop us off at the bulls training facility.

"Do I really need to recover here in this clinic? With her?" I asked Michael, who was looking at the view through the window.

"Jimmy I've told you I can't take care of your injury because I have Lopez and Niko's injuries first" Michael started "Look I am sorry this happened to you but life sucks and you've got to deal with this"

I ignored what he said and enjoyed the view as well. It was a sunny day but I was feeling so empty inside. This injury is really getting in my head.

"But why do you complain anyways?" Michael asked, waking me from a trance.

"What are you talking about?" I asked him confused.

"You know exactly what I'm talking about" Michael said with a smirk. I continued with a confused look on my face "I'm talking about the girl. Malia"

I chuckled "What about her?"

"I saw the way you looked at her" I rolled my eyes "And I saw you were having fun pissing her off"

"She's cute and all of that but she's not my type" I said with a smirk. She wasn't.

"Not your type huh?" Michael asked as I nodded "Since when do you have a type?"

I chuckled "Since I talked to her and realized that the irritating type is definitely not mine"

"Yeah sure man" Michael laughed "I know you won't keep your hands to yourself "

I laughed louder "What's that even supposed to mean?" I asked in disbelief but Michael ignored me smirking "Man, did you forget that I've been dating Shay?"

"Dating?" Michael asked in disbelief "What you guys are doing is everything but dating" I rolled my eyes "Jimbo, you don't do relationships! You just mess around with girls"

"Yeah whatever man" I said lastly.

Like I said, I know how to recognize a hot chick but she would never be the type of girl who I would mess around underneath the sheets tho.

All I need is to focus on my recovery so I can make it to the playoffs in time to help my teammates.

I don't care about anything else.