12

Malia

It was 10:12pm and the game had ended about half an hour ago. The Bulls ended up loosing ... and the series were now 2-1 for the Bulls.

I texted Jimmy saying I was waiting for him in my car at the arena's parking lot so we could talk about what happened tonight with that guy Smart.

I got completely scared when I saw Jimmy angry that way for the first time. Whatever Smart told him, left him pretty upset, to the point where Jimmy actually punched him.

I can only imagine what he told Jimmy, after I heard him shouting from the other side of the court 'Ask her what happened in the tunnel you motherfucker'.

Jimmy got in the car, waking me up from my thoughts about tonight. He was in complete silence and was staring at the parking lot like a kid who fought with his mother.

"Are you going to explain to me what happened back there, or are you just gonna stand there without talking?" I asked looking at him but he chose not to look me in the eye.

This was turning into an awkward moment because Jimmy wouldn't even speak or move.

But when I thought he was just going to stand there quiet he sighs "Are you sure you're not the one who needs to explain me something?" he asked.

"Excuse me?" I looked at him somehow offended by what he had just said.

"You heard me" he said, finally looking at me "What happened in the tunnel Malia?"

"What the... Nothing happened between me and him Jimmy! I don't even know the guy for crying out loud" I said in disbelief with this whole situation.

"Then why would he say something like that? He seemed pretty sure about what he was saying..." he looked back at the passenger's seat window.

"I don't fucking know why he would say something like that Jimmy! I was waiting for you in the tunnel and he came out of nowhere and just stayed in front of me, staring at me, smiling" I said as I got Jimmy's attention back.

"So you met him?" Jimmy asked angrily.

I glanced at him "Yes I met him Jimmy! But that doesn't mean I cheated! What? You think that I would kiss him in the tunnel? Or better... That I would fuck him in the tunnel where everybody could see us at any second, including you?" I asked sarcastically.

All of the sudden, everything was quiet. Neither one of us would say anything. Even if I knew Smart, I would never be capable of cheating on Jimmy. Ever!

"I think it's better if you just get out of the car and go home" I finally said as I turn the key to start the car.

"Malia..." Jimmy tried to say something but I cut him before he could finish.

"Go Jimmy" I sighed, closing my eyes trying not to cry.

He got out of the car and closed the door. I felt his eyes looking at me but I ignored. I started driving towards the exit of the parking lot and didn't look back.

(...)

I arrived home and my mom was on the couch, just laying there and watching tv.

"Where were you?" she asked serious, driving her attention from the tv to myself.

"I went to watch the game" I answered, making my way to the kitchen to grab something to drink.