Avi- Stomach Flu

" Let's take our lunch break, alright?" the choreographer shouted. Avi trudged down the ramp. He had woken up with a little bit of an upset stomach. It had slowly turned into a stomach ache throughout the day. He was hoping for a light lunch. He was lost in his self pity that he was taken aback when Kevin stopped him.

" Are you alright man? You looked a little out of it." He asked.

" I've got a stomach ache is all. I'll be fine." He said walking into the lounge. He was assaulted with the smell of rich food. His stomach twisted in response. Kevin recognized what was happening and pushed Avi back out the door.

" I'll tell them that you can't be there with all the food and get you something to settle your stomach." He said. He opened the door, wafting the smelling and flipping Avi's stomach. He returned with two bananas, seltzer, and a bowl of rice.

" This should help your stomach. Just eat it slowly." He said. Avi took a bite and hesitantly swallowed. He felt a little relief, so he slowly went through his lunch. He hoped that his stomach would calm down. He finished his lunch as the choreographer called everyone back.

Avi cursed his stomach under his breath. It had only gotten worse since he ate. He was extremely nauseous and felt achy. They were running through problem. When he got to his part, instead of saying " Listen to me.", he gagged straight into the mic. He clamped his hand over his mouth, partly out of embarrassment, partly to prevent any vomit from coming out. Everyone else stopped and came over to him.

" Avi, are you ok?" Scott asked. He opened his mouth to say he was fine only to be interrupted by more gagging.

" Kevin, take him to the bathroom. Make sure he's fine." Kirstie said. Kevin helped him off the stage and to the bathroom.

Avi gagged a few more times on his way. Once they got there, Avi puked into the toilet. He felt Kevin's hand on his back. He heard a knock at the door and Kevin answering. It was Esther. Avi turned around and she felt his forehead.

" You've got a bit of a fever. Let's get you back to the bus." She said. He nodded and began to sit up. He swallowed heavily and was lead to the bus. He heard Esther talking to Kevin but was too focused on not vomiting to listen. He got on the bus and made his way to his bunk.

" You probably just have a stomach bug. You'll be back on your feet in a few days. Make sure you keep hydrated and get plenty of rest." Kevin said. " I've got to go back to rehearsal man. Feel better." He pulled the curtain back and left. Avi sulked. He wanted, needed, to go back to rehearsal but he knew that if he got caught, Esther would give him hell. He felt his stomach twist again. He jumped out of bed and ran to the bathroom.

Once he finished, he checked the medicine cabinet for something to help. He found a thermometer but nothing to relieve his stomach. He took his temperature. He was relieved to see it was low grade. Only 100 degrees. He trudged back to his bunk. He closed his eyes and went to sleep.

He woke up to music. Loud pounding music. That's when the smell of alcohol hit him as well. It made sick to his stomach. He shoved a pillow over his head to drown it out. He heard Kevin attempting to turn the music down.

" You've got to calm down. Avi's trying to sleep." He heard Kevin say. God, he loved Kevin.

" We've got his dinner. Wake him up." Scott slurred. Scott sounded very drunk. Avi felt his temper grow short. He always got a bad temper when he was sick. He couldn't deal with the smell any more. He made his way to the bathroom and threw up.

" Hey Avi. Want some dinner?" Kevin asked. Avi shook his head and frowned. " What's wrong?"

" I don't feel well, my head hurts, the music is blaring, and the smell is making me sick." He snapped. The rest of the band fell silent. Scott stepped forward and a clearly less intoxicated Mitch and Kirstie tried to stop him.

" Hey man. We were just trying to have fun. Come have a drink. That'll chill you out." He said. Mitch pulled the taller man back.

" Yes Scott because clearly I'm in perfect condition for a drink. Just leave me alone." He shouted, storming back to his bunk. He slammed down into bed and listened to the commotion outside.

" What the hell's wrong with him?" Scott demanded.

" Esther told me he has a short fuse when he's sick. Just leave him be and let him cool down." Kevin said. Avi closed his eyes and fell into a fitful sleep.

Avi was on stage, performing. The vibe was wrong. It felt awkward and filled with tension. He kept getting glares from everyone, mostly Scott. Suddenly his legs seized up. It was like they were trapped in something. He struggled to do the choreography. The rest stopped and glared at him. He cried for help and Scott marched over.

" If you can't do the choreography, then just get out. God we can't keep babying you like this. You're holding us back." He screamed. He looked at Mitch and Kirstie and they both nodded. He looked at Kevin and he shrugged. The fans began to boo him as he sank into the ground. The last thing he saw was his best friends turning their backs on him. He was surrounded by blackness as he continued to sink and fall.

He woke up to a sharp pain in the back of his head. He struggled against whatever was trapping his legs. He heard everyone yelling as he opened his eyes. He was on the bus, on the floor and tangled in his sheet, with Mitch and Kevin looking over him.

" He's awake. Give him space." Kevin cried. He heard people muttering. " I'm gonna take him to the bathroom. Just give him space." He helped him up and lead him to the bathroom.

Once there, Avi assessed his current state. He felt definitely worse than when he went to bed. He head pounded from where it collided with the cold floor. He felt tear tracks down his face.

" Kevin, what happened?" He asked.

" We were hanging out when we heard you crying. We come in and you were thrashing around. Before we knew it, you fell off the bed." He said, checking the back of his head. " You'll have a nasty bump but no concussion. Now will you tell me what happened?"

Avi explained the nightmare and Kevin pulled him into a tight hug. " That would never happen. Scott was just drunk and stupid. He already feels bad. You'll get your apology in the morning." Avi lurched out of Kevin's hug and threw up.

" This is so embarrassing." Avi moaned.

" No one's judging you man. Let's get you back to bed." He said. Avi stood up and went back to bed, ignoring the stares of the others. He curled up in bed and went back to sleep

Avi awoke feeling 100% better. His fever was broken and his stomach wasn't twisting. It must have been a 24 hour bug. He got out of bed, intending to shower. He grabbed a change of clothes and went to the bathroom.

Once he got out of the bathroom, he was stopped by Scott. " Avi, I want to apologize for last night. I wasn't thinking straight. I should have respected that you needed rest." He said.

" I'm sorry for snapping at you. I tend to have a short temper when I'm sick."

" No man. You had every right to. I was being a jerk. No hard feelings?" He said, sticking his hand

" No hard feelings." He said, shaking Scott's hand. He joined the rest of the band for breakfast.