Everyone- Chicken Pox

" Mitch, can you get in here?" Scott cried. Mitch got up from the couch in the front room of the bus. The band was finally on their way home to LA from their tour.

" What's wrong Scottland?" He said.

" Look at all these pimples I have." He whined. He had 3 spots on his forehead and 4 on his left cheek. Mitch frowned at him and touched his face.

" They don't look like pimples and you feel really warm. I think you're sick." He said. He quickly dashed out to the medicine cabinet and grabbed the thermometer. He came back to see Scott scratching his face. Mitch began to connect the symptoms while taking his temperature.

" 101. Do you itch anywhere else?" He asked.

" My stomach, just a little bit." Scott said, continuing to scratch.

" Scott, I think you have chickenpox."

" Yep, definitely chickenpox. He'll be quarantined for about 2 weeks." The doctor said. Scott moaned and lied down on the couch. The doctor wrote a prescription for anti-itch cream.

" If anyone on this bus hasn't had chickenpox, they're going to get it. Raise your hand if you never had it." He said. Kirstie's hand snaked up as she bit her lip. Mitch's hand followed quickly. Kevin's hand was reluctantly raised.

Avi was comfortably confident until Esther elbowed him. " You've never had it."

" You had it. How could I have not had it?"

" I don't know. It just missed you." She said. Avi huffed and raised his hand. Everyone looked around and realized that only the members of the band were raising their hand. They all looked at one another and grimaced.

" Do you have somewhere that you can all stay quarantined together? It's better for you all to stay in one place to contain it." He asked. Mitch and Scott looked at one another.

" We could stay at our house. We have plenty of room." Mitch said. The others gratefully accepted the offer while the doctor wrote the rest of them a prescription as well.

" Call if you get a fever of above 104 or any tender, red skin. Those are signs of a secondary infection." He said, leaving. Everyone sat on the back of the bus with the knowledge that this was going to be a long two weeks.

All of Pentatonix entered Mitch and Scott's house. They had filled their prescriptions and picked up whatever they needed from their houses. Scott went straight to bed, leaving the four in the living room.

" We are all in our twenties and we have to be quarantined for chicken pox." Mitch said. " How did we all miss it?"

" I mean, if anyone was going to give it to me, it would have been you or Scott." Kirstie said.

" I don't know honestly. I don't think any of my siblings had it either." Kevin said.

" Esther definitely had it but it missed me." Avi said. Mitch and Kirstie yawned and decided to go to bed themselves. Mitch helped Kirstie, Kevin, and Avi into the guest rooms and they all fell asleep.

The next morning, Mitch came downstairs to Avi and Kevin eating cereal. He poured himself a bowl and was handed a thermometer.

" We'll be checking our temperatures before every meal and before going to bed. Avi and I are normal." Kevin explained. Mitch checked and he was normal. They continued to eat and chat until Kirstie dragged herself in.