chapter 4

Ruby watched the busy streets from the safety of the roof. She was waiting. For what? Well at lot of things, but at the moment she was waiting for answers. For some sort of explanation for what was happening to her. She was lost in thought, trying to think of anything logical that could explain want happened that day. A light tap brought her back to reality. She spun on her heels automatically reaching for Crescent Rose, relaxing when she saw the familiar face.

"Hey Uncle Qrow" she greeted in a soft voice.

"Long time no see kid" he greeted back in his gruff voice, "so what was it you called me about?"

"Well I'm not sure exactly what it was." She confessed. He​ rose an eyebrow. "It happened a few weeks before graduation," She began.

\\\\\\\\\\\Flash back/////////////////////

'Thus kindly I scatter.' Ruby stared at the words carved into the smooth stone. Night was approaching fast, the dark beginning to creep closer. Sighing she turned to leave.

"Bye Mom. I love you." She mumbled deject.

She was feeling especially down due to the fact that the only person that had even the slightest​ chance of showing up to the ceremony was Qrow. And even then there was no way of knowing for sure. She made her way through the forest, her head hung. Soon she made it to the clearing. There were large Grimm everywhere. Dozens more than she had anticipated.

"Shit" she said under her breath, "gonna be harder than usual."

Pulling out Crescent Rose she set off. Slicing and chopping anything in reach. But she was tired and there were so many of them. One knocked her to the ground, Crescent Rose getting thrown in the opposite​ direction. They began piling on top of her. Her negative aura driving them mad. Suddenly her vision went white, a scream was ripped from her throat. When she woke up she was in the ground in the clearing, not a Grimm in sight. She wasn't sure what happened but it scared her. She knew that whatever it was had cleared out several dozen Grimm in seconds​. Knowing that she couldn't control something that powerful​ struck fear into her heart.

\\\\\\\\\end flash back//////////////////

Qrow stood, brows furrowed in thought. After a long moment of silence he spoke, "hmm well, I can't say im surprised."

"What!" Ruby exclaimed. "What do you mean not surprised!?" She couldn't​figure out if she was more angry or curious.

"Calm down kid," Qrow said calmly. Before he could go on Ruby interrupted, "no, I will not calm down. You know what happened to me don't you?"

"Yeah I do know," he admitted, "you are just like Summer."

"What does that mean?" Ruby was intrigued.

"You see you, just like your mother, have a very rare trait. Silver eyes. And they can be very powerful, when you can use them. Now controlling them is another story."

Ruby's face morphed into a melancholy  expression.

"Hey I'm not done talking yet" Qrow confirmed​ in an attempt to improve her mood, "I know someone who can help."

****************

"I see," the voice came through the scroll, "when will you be arriving?"

"We board the airship tomorrow morning" the response came.

"I'll get everything ready for when you get here."

"See you soon." The call disconnected, "you should get some sleep. We have to be up before the sun."

____________________________________
Hope you enjoyed. I was working on this when I should have been sleeping