chapter 9

"Use it to your advantage" Qrow's words echoed in Ruby's mind, as she tried to figure out what he meant.

She dragged herself out of bed and threw on an outfit, she slipped out of her small room and down the hall. She reached the door that Qrow would appear at every morning to give her breakfast.

She ate quickly, then made her way to the large gym where she trained.

'i don't want to train today, why can't I just stay in bed and grieve' she thought to herself, as she pushed open the heavy doors and stepped inside.

Ozpin stood in the middle of the vast room with his cane. He gave a small smile to Ruby, who nodded in return.

'Today is gonna be a long day' Ruby thought, heaving a sigh.

//////////////Later\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

Ruby was tired, ready for the day to be over, once again Qrow's words echoed in her mind.

Then it hit her.

She thought of Weiss, channeling all of the pain and sadness from their last encounter. At first nothing happened, then she felt it, the familiar stinging behind her eyes. The edges of her vision began to loose color and blur until it was just white. Her heart was about to beat out of her chest.

Panic kicked in.

She lost her train of thought, and her vision returned to normal, the stinging dulled, and her heart rate dropping back down.

Her gaze landed on Ozpin, he had a proud gleam in his eye, "why don't we call it a day."

Ruby nodded vigorously and hurried off to get ready for dinner, she felt accomplished, like she had finally gained some control.

Qrow appeared next to Ozpin as Ruby left the room, "told you she'd figure it out~" it was almost a taunt.

"And I never doubted you." Ozpin quipped.

____________________________________
Short chapter I know, I'm sorry. Hope you liked it~