chapter 10

Ruby sat, staring out the window of the air ship, watching the cities pass below her.

Despite this being a normally happy occasion she was scared.

The pilot announced that they would be landing soon, only making Ruby's nerves worse.

Once they landed, Ruby made her way to the familiar building. She did her best to ignore the cold that bit at her exposed skin, distracting herself by thinking about what she was gonna say.

It had been almost 8 months to think about it, and she still wasn't sure of what to say.

She was almost to the building's doors when she stopped and looked up. One of the windows had light pouring out into the darkness. The curtains pulled aside, she saw several familiar faces outlined by the soft glow of festive lights.

Taking in a deep breath she crossed the street and entered the building, slipping into and elevator, and riding it up several floors.  With a small ding the doors slid open and she stepped out, walking down the deserted hallway. For a solid minute she just stood, collecting herself, before knocking.

All chatter inside stopped, the door slowly slid open, quickly followed by a collective gasp. No one had the chance to move or speak, before the figure in white bolted forward. Throwing her arms around Ruby, sobbing, and uttering apologies, over and over.

Ruby just stroked her hair and whispered soothing words in her ear, "it's ok Weiss, it's fine, I'm not mad~"

After a couple minutes Weiss managed to calm herself enough to let go of Ruby and wipe her eyes. She returned Ruby's smile as best she could, about to open her mouth when everyone lost their shit. Bombarding Ruby with questions and hellos.

Soon everyone was calm and most were seated Ruby set off telling her story careful to leave out some details, such as her talk with Weiss,  as everyone listened in a state of awe.

//////////Later\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

Weiss snuck away to the kitchen while everyone else stood around the living room talking and drinking. She was joined by Ruby shortly after.

"Why aren't you partying with everyone else?"

Ruby shrugged, "wanted to talk to you." She stated simply.

They stood in silence for a moment until Weiss broke the silence, "did you really mean what you said that day, about loving me?"

Ruby nodded firmly, "every word. I always have and always will love you Weiss, even if you don't want me."

Taking a few steps towards Ruby, Weiss put her hands on the younger girls shoulders, "who said I didn't want you?" Without another second wasted she pressed her lips against Ruby's softly.

Finally breaking the kiss to breathe Ruby spoke, "does this mean~"

"Yes, Ruby, it means I love you too." Weiss interrupted.

A wide smile broke across Ruby's face, though their next kiss was interrupted by Yang and Nora yelling about snow.

Ruby looked at Weiss who rolled her eyes and let go of Ruby who darted off and joined the other two at the window.

Weiss joined Blake, Ren, the rest of team JNPR, and team CFVY, Who were watching the snow fall from a more appropriate distance.

"Those dolts" Weiss mumbled

"They may be dolts Weiss, but their our dolts" Blake said, to which Ren nodded in agreement.

"Yeah I guess your right" a small smile reaching her face, as she watched Ruby stare at the falling white powder.

____________________________________
Aaaaand scene! I hope you enjoyed reading the story as much as I enjoyed writing it. Also I plan on starting a book of oneshots soon so idk maybe check that out...