Chapter Two- At His Side, Then Gone.

Chapter Two

It'd felt like it had been hours. The hug had lasted a long time. Every time Tord sobbed, Paul softly shushed him. Every time Tord mumbled apologizes over and over, Paul just shook his head, telling him it was alright. Sometimes, his hand would return to Tord's face, to wipe away his tears, that stained his cheeks. The hug was a pretty tight grip for Tord, but that's what he loved about his dads hugs. For Paul, Tord's hug was soft, not very tight. It felt like his arms were just slightly limp, somehow still around Paul. 

Tord opened his mouth, slightly scared to speak. "Can..." He paused, slightly pulling back from his dad, to look at him. "Can we go home...? Please?" He asked. Paul softly nodded, smiling. "Sure, kid. Let's go." He answered. He looks around the war zone of a classroom, before putting Tord down, onto the carpet floor once more. 

"Go get your back pack for me, kay? I'll go sign you out." Tord reluctantly looked around the room, before spotting his light shade of red back pack. He cautiously stepped over to his bag, avoiding the plastic blocks of shapes, numbers, and more. Some papers were on the floor, along with the trains from his tantrum. He stopped, seeing one of the trains. It was tainted green, with the number '4' on it. It had a few scrapes on it, and the paint was slightly faded. He furrowed his brow, and kicks it away from him, with a small grunt. He let out a chuckle, but stopped once the train hit the wall. 

It hit the wall, with a surprisingly loud thud. The noises, and mumbles from the teacher and his dad stopped, to turn their heads to the interrupting noise. Tord quickly shuffled to his book bag, trying to act like he'd never done anything wrong. He grabbed his back pack, slinging it over his shoulder. He turned around to look at his father, and the teacher, only to see them staring right back at him. He nervously chuckled, and began stepping towards his dad again. 

Paul put the pen back onto the table, sliding the clipboard back to the teacher's desk. "You sure he'll be alright? You can always sign him up for private classes with certain teachers, or-" Paul cut off the teacher, shaking his head. "No, that's alright. We can handle him, he'll be fine." He reassured the teacher. He reached into his pocket, giving her a small card. "But, if anything else happens, or if you have any ideas to help him, you can always give me a call." The teacher nodded in response. "Sure, and call us if you ever change your mind, Mr..." She stopped, not knowing what to call him. 

"Oh, Paul. Paul is fine!" He smiled. The teacher nodded. Paul stopped, looking down, as he felt a slight tug on his pants. He saw Tord's silver eyes glancing up at Paul. He stopped tugging at his pants, when he noticed that he got Paul's attention. Tord glanced back behind him, at the mess he's made. 

Maybe I really am a Monster He thought to himself. Toys were tossed across the room, paint on the wall was forcefully clawed off, doll heads were far away from their bodies, until his eyes landed on a small stuffed bear near a few of the trains, and a tiny colorful cabinet. He stepped towards it, and softly grabbed it. He picked it up, to get a better look at it. 

It looked like 5 spikes of hair used  to be on the brown bears head, but one all the way to the left was ripped off, and the stuffing was leaking out.  A small 'X' is wear the belly button would most likely be, and with an odd straight, long line, mistaken for eyes, makes the bear somewhat adorable. He grabbed some pieces of the stuffing from the floor, and put it near the bears rip, before softly pushing the stuffing back inside with his index, and middle finger. He takes another final look at it, before quietly putting down his back pack, practically ripping it open. He left space, by squishing up books together, and folding papers. He softly put the bear in his bag, in the front of all the books. 

He carefully zips up the zippers, leaving some space, for the bears head to poke out for air. "You can breathe, Mr.Bear, don't worry." He whispered, and put on his book bag again. He walked back to his father, who was now looking at Tord, slightly waving over to him. He stepped over to him, standing by his legs. His left hand gripped the pant leg of his dad, who was fine, and used to this. Tord wasn't exactly tall enough to reach his hand, and Paul didn't want to bend down all the time. Tord didn't bother to look at the teacher, as Paul nodded to the teacher, as a goodbye sign. They walked out of the class, closing the door behind them. 

They walked down hallways, seeing kids drawing posted on walls, paintings thumb tacked to the boards. Small decorations were hung up on the ceiling, such as stars, planets, fake cut out leaves, and more. They pasted quiet classroom after loud classroom, until they finally reached the exit. Paul opened the door, before looking down at Tord. He had a sad expression, a small frown on his face. Tord looked up at his father, seeing that he stopped. He quickly tried wiping off the frown, but to no avail. Instead, he looked away from him, and turned to look at the ground. Paul smirked, and chuckled. "Come here!" He exclaimed. 

Suddenly, gravity shifted under Tord, as he felt a pair of strong arms wrap around his waist. "W-What the-?" He looked around, only to see Paul picking him up, and turning him to his back. "D-Dad!!" He yelled. What was he doing? Why was he doing this? Tord didn't need this, Tord didn't want this, he wanted to drop to the floor and run something wasn't right LET GO OF HIM. 

Paul chuckled, as he finally put Tord on his back, smiling. "You alright up there?" He asked, putting his arms under Tord's leg to support him up. Tord looked at his dad, and couldn't help but smile. He let out a happy giggle, and Paul started walking again. "I knew you couldn't resist the amazing piggy back rides from me!" He said. Tord nodded, laying his head on his dad's shoulder. Every time Paul took a step, his shoulders jerked a bit, but he tried to keep it soft for Tord. 

It was somewhat relaxing to Tord, as his eyes half closed. The smile on his face began to fade, as he pulled his hand up to his face, near his mouth, that softly gripped Paul's shoulder. He let out a tired sigh of relief. He finally escaped the hell labeled school to fool everyone. But, he'd just have to go back to school the next day, as if nothing ever happened the day before. It was normal to Tord, but he still hated it, because he felt as if nothing changed, as if nothing helped him. So why go back, if all that was going to happen, was just a cycle, then why change?

Why change who you are? Who people see you as, or who people see inside you, won't ever be changed. So, why attempt to change it, if he knows nothing works. He felt as if he was a monster, a demon, that just got worse day by day. But, his fathers were there to help him. To let his sight expand, and find light, in what seemed like complete thought. 

Tord didn't notice his father calling his name, as Paul put him on the floor to walk again.

Tord didn't notice the green light. 

He kept walking. 

He didn't hear his father's screams, and rapid footsteps.

Nor did he hear the horrid car honk. 

Or the tires screeching against the pavement. 

He didn't see the car.

Until it was too late....

------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

WHOA THE ENDING THERE

honestly, even I didn't plan the ending

i was just mindlessly typing, and apparently, that somehow ended up on the screen. 

Anyways, if there are any typing errors, or something wrong, please let me know in the comments! Remember to vote, and comment what you think is gonna happen next. 

Hope you all have a wonderful day!

~_Forbidden_