8.

August

Things have been goin good between me and Hazel so far within these last few months. I expressed how I felt to her not too long ago, and thank God she felt the same way, but I can tell she's growing a little impatient with me formally asking her to be my girlfriend. I really do want to ask her to be my girl, but I never did that before and I don't want to ask without having a meaning behind it. I like the way we are now. No arguments, being happy in each other's company, being friends first, and more. I don't want to mess that up and make things weird between us because it's where a lot of folks go wrong in relationships. Rushing shit ain't never been good for the future, and once things are ruined, there's no going back.

I've never had this type of relationship with a female. Every girl I came across has either been a quick nut or a fuck buddy to call whenever I'm horny. I don't like to keep them around me due to me being a very private man, but I have to say, Hazel's different. A lot of men say that just to keep the girl they like around and keep things fun, but Hazel really is different.

She's very respectful to those around her, super observant, has a great personality, and is independent and hardworking. She isn't like the other females I've dealt with where they have literally nothing going for themselves but want to pull money out of a nigga's ass, she works hard for what she wants and won't even tell you she needs help until she's absolutely helpless. She got her head on straight and never lets anything stand in her way, and that's what I admire about her.

That's my baby, man.

"Man, I can't believe you got me watchin this shit." I straight face her.

She had the nerve to change The Walking Dead to put on some damn Love and Hip Hop reunion. That dumb ass fake ass bad actin ass reality show got these females in a chokehold and I just don't understand why.

"I told you I'm scared of Zombies." She says.

"And I'm scared of reality tv shows."

She smacks her teeth and looks over at me with a knowing look before we both laugh at how crazy I sounded. But in all reality, we both know it's true. You can't pay me to sit and watch the show to see if I can enjoy it because I won't even put you through all that trouble in the first place. It's stupid as hell and has hella ratings just because of the fights that break out. The shit they fight over is stupid and the beef they have with each other is faker than the weave they put in their heads.

You wouldn't dare catch me posted up with the nigga I just decked in the face.

"I'm serious though. I can't even play zombies on Call of Duty."

"I can believe it. Yo lil ass scared of everything for no reason."

"I'm not scared of everything." She says puttin emphasis on the word everything. "You're overreacting."

"What you not scared of?"

She scrunches her face up at my challenge and proceeds to tap her chin as if to say she's thinking hard on it. I genuinely believe she is thinking hard because I already know whatever is about to come out of her mouth is complete bullshit. She won't be able to think of anything, and whatever she does eventually think of is gonna be a lie and we both know it because like I said she's afraid of everything.

"Ian scared of c-"

"Yes you is." I cut her off.

"You don't even know what I was finna say."

"Go head say what you was boutta say, then." I throw my hands up in surrender, allowing her to get her words out.

"Clowns."