11.

Hazel

When it was time to come back home to Atlanta, we decided to take an early flight and we got here this morning around ten. New Orleans is very different from every other city I've been to, but I came to love it and I kind of didn't wanna leave. The streets are ridiculous and need serious attention, but the food, the people, and the sites you see make it all worth your while. August ended up taking me on Bourbon Street and Canal Street I believe is what they're called, and it was amazing. The diversity of all the partying people and the drinks that were served were top notch. And we even went on a date to brunch at Another Broken Egg and then to City Park to ride the swan boats. It was absolutely beautiful. Definitely a 10/10 experience and I hope to come back soon. I need to try the escape rooms there.

When we got back home, August went to sleep since he stayed up the entire time, but I stayed up and got a head start on my day. I did my morning routine, paying close attention to my skin care, and then went out to buy more groceries since I'm running out. I then headed to a few shops to see if they have any spots open for me to get a kick start on my career, but unfortunately there weren't any. I'm now back home, and after putting everything away, I go to my room to find August still sleeping.

"Baby." I call out as I lie next to him and rub the side of his face.

"Hmm." He hums, not bothering to open his eyes.

"Wake up."

"I am."

"No you not."

Waiting for him to say something else, I frown when he doesn't. He instead removes his hands from the waistband of his red shorts and throws his arm around me. I smile to myself as I feel him drag me closer to him with no hesitation.

"You ain't slick. This bout to make you go back to sleep."

"I'm tired." Is all he says.

"You slept all morning its time to wake up." I say as I continue to caress his face with my thumb. "It's going on one in the afternoon and I done ran my errands and everything else."

Seeing the difference in his breathing now, I realize he's dozing off to me talking to him. I stop rubbing his cheek and bring my hand up to his eyes, pulling his eyelids up. I can't contain my laugh when I see how crazy he looks, which causes him to smack his teeth and move my hand.

"Watch out, baby."

"Wake up then. I'm bored." I pout.

"I'm woke ma."

"Would you be mad at me if I cut your beard?" I ask pullin at his chin hair that's shaped into a goatee.

"Yup." He opens his eyes.

"Oh you woke up for that huh?" I chuckle.

"I been woke."

"Mhm."

Feeling him shift in his spot, I move out of his way to allow him some breathing room. He rubs his hands down his face before standing to his feet. I then take the time to go around the bed and grab his butt the same way he does mine.

"Chill wit dat gay shit."

"How is it gay?" I laugh. "You do it to me all the time."

"Yeah cause you a female. You don't grab or slap on no nigga ass."

"Well you ain't any nigga you my nigga so I'ca do that." I grab it again anyway.

Turning around, he catches my hand in the process of me pulling away and pulls me towards him. Not knowing what's coming next, I brace myself for anything. I, however, didn't expect him to throw me on the bed and tickle me to death.