18

"and then what happened?" he finally uttered something after a long silence from the two. once again, nara sighed, looking down at their hands. "we were best friends back then, he was a bad kid, but i saw good in him, i guess."

     "of course."  taeyong thought, but his dismissed it, letting nara continue in peace. "and as time flies, with or without me knowing, i fell in love," she paused.

     "and eventually he sort of knew, i guess,"

     taeyong listen carefully, he wasn't sure what to say to nara, so he decided to keep quiet. "and, he lead me on."

      taeyong's grip on nara's hands tighten, he didn't know why, but he was angry. and he shouldn't be. jaehyun is his best friend and nara isn't his, to begin with. he shouldn't be angry. he had no rights to.

      "i used to think he likes me back, but no, he didn't. and my parents needed to move out of town, and i can finally get away from him, i can finally move on. but if i told him this, he would feel sad and lonely. despite him leading me on, he was still my best friend. so i lied, i said i'll be on a family trip, and we broke contacts eversince. i never really came back, but here we are, we finally met again."

      taeyong was really lost at word, he couldn't tell if nara was sad or angry at this point, and he didn't know if he should comfort her, does she really need comfort? he was really confused.

     but he can't do a dick move and do nothing. he had to do something. "...and how come you're in love again?" he asked. "way to go, taeyong."  he said to himself. 

     nara shrugged, and later eyed her coffee, taeyong just watched her. even at these times, he still find nara pretty. "i guess because i still see the good in him?" she mumbled, her voice cracked a little.

     taeyong know that's the cue, nara was about to cry. slowly, he rubbed nara's hands, hoping she'd find comfort in that. and she did. she even felt her heart skipped a beat, but she wasn't going to let that get to her. she was tired of love at this point.

     she just wants to go back to the time when she just admire yuta's god-like face, and his smile, oh, his smile. "what do i do taeyong?" nara added, she wanted to fall out of love.

     nara isn't like the girls in fanfictions, she wasn't scared of falling in love, just, not with jaehyun. falling in love with jaehyun would only cause heartbreaks.

     in conclusion, falling in love with jaehyun is a waste of her time and energy. "how do i fall out of love?" she asked, looking at taeyong, who was doing the same to her.

     "you just, need to ignore the feeling, the butterflies, the heartbeats, everything. or maybe you should fall fully in love with yuta,"

     taeyong had to admit, he was jealous that he couldn't replace yuta with his name instead, but that's how it is, and he has to face it.

     "fully in love?" she asked, narrowing her eyes at taeyong. taeyong nodded innocently, he could see the expression in nara's face, she was no longer sad and depressed, she's okay now, and taeyong's happy because he made her like that.

     "you're attracted to yuta, why not look deeper into him, fall in love with his personality, his figure, his voice, his everything. you'll forget about jaehyun anytime!" he exclaimed.

     "like a puppy,"  nara thought as she looked at how happy taeyong was. "okay i'll try." she paused, hesitating to continue. "but what will happen next? what if he doesn't like me?"

     "oh, trust me, he probably does. and if he doesn't, there's always better people that will love you." taeyong convinced, smiling widely at nara.

     "me, i'll love you."  he wanted to say it, but he didn't have the guts to do so, their friendship just started, and he'll ruined it by simply confessing like that. he made nara feel better, but now he's sad, and who'll cheer him up?

a/n:
woah this chapter is super long!