37

◇nara

"H-hey," Jaehyun called, and he kept tapping on my hand, which clearly ruined my thrilled mood since the rolle coaster was about to go down from that really high hill. "What?" I hissed, darting my eyes at him.

Jaehyun looked quite pale, scaredy-cat. "I know you're scared and all," he paused, and took deep breaths. "But I am assuring you, you will not dieㅡand hey!" He said, his words rolling out of his mouth faster as we were about to reach the top.

"If we do die," he took a deep breath, "I want you to know that Iㅡ" I couldn't hear him over the people screaming from behind as we go down, fast. He seemed to either say "I love you" or "I farted" I couldn't tell since my ponytail just flew to my face and blocked my eyesight.

              ◆                    ◆                   ◆

"What did you say earlier on the ride?" I asked as we immediately got off. Jaehyun looked at me, having that goofy face stuck on his facialㅡhe was about to say something sarcasticㅡI could tell. "Well I did say quite a lot on the ride," he chuckled.

I rolled my eyes, "when we were on that high hillㅡyou were saying 'if we do die, I want you to know that I...' yeah, what did you say afterwards?"

Jaehyun seemed a little flustered, as he let out an awkward laughed and scratched the back of his neck. "N-nothing." He smiled, still awkwardly. I'm guessing he did say 'I farted', I mean, I'd be embarrassed too if I were him.

So later, we walked played more things. Most of them  were extreme and Jaehyun is probably worn out by now, and then we walked passed the most cringy ride everㅡTunnel of Loveㅡor whatever it's called, thank god Jaehyun didn't say anything about wanting to ride that.

"Hey wanna ride that?"

Just when I thought he wouldn't say it.

I glared at him playfully, "no! it's so cringy. Plus, that's a ride for couples. It'll be boring when we enter the tunnel, y'know?" I said, Jaehyun frowned at me. "Kill joy." Jaehyun mumbled, which made me hit him as a response, and then he let out a laugh.

Jaehyun didn't want to ride anything else anymore, which was kinda boringㅡbut we still had lots of fun. Although Jaehyun kept on insisting to buy them things like cotton candies or chocolates. It kinda made her feel bad, he kept spending his money over things she could afford herself.

We sat on a bench, the view behind us were really pretty. Jaehyun fished out his phone and pulled me closer to take a picture. "Woah!" He exclaimed as he looked at the picture. "What?" I asked him blankly. He made a gasping face and then said, "I look so handsome. Holy crap." Narcissistically, he pat his back. I rolled my eyes.

And then Jaehyun stand up, oh god, what now? He told someone to take pictures of us two. Didn't he just did that?  I sighed, but smiled anyways. The stranger told us to do lots of poses, Jaehyun was quick with changing his posing, while I? Well I'm not really photogenic.

"Geez, Nara," Jaehyun whined. And then grabbed my face and justㅡ

HE DID NOT.
Skin ship skin ship skin ship
My heart did that "!!!!!!!!!!!!!" thing. Fuck.

He just decided to kiss my cheek. I could even feel his breath as he stayed there for a few seconds, waiting for the stranger to take the picture. Oh my god. Jung Yoonoh. "Okay, here you go," the stranger politely smiled as he gave back Jaehyun his phone. "Thank you," Jaehyun smiled and waved at him. The stranger waved back before walking away.

Then he turned to me, who was as stiff as a board. I didn't know what to do, I was holding my breath. Am I dying? If so, I didn't know death would be so... heart fluttering. "Hey, you're blushing." Jaehyun nudged me, and finally, I started inhaling and exhaling again. My face turned to his, still feeling a little shy and awkward.

"Why're you blushing?" Jaehyun smirked, throwing winks at me. "Oh cut it out, you burnt rice." I whined, trying to make him look away. "Did your heart flutter?" He still had that smirk on him. I rolled my eyes and with that, he let out a hearty laugh.

For some reason, I really like his laugh. Heck, his smile was my favourite too. I would open up to himㅡbutㅡI still have my doubts on him. Although he was mean and ugly 5 months ago, I can't really promise myself that he changed.

Jaehyun snapped his fingers at my face, which shocked me. "Why do you look like you're thinking of world problems?" Jaehyun joked, I gave him a chuckle. "Nothing, I just suddenly got deep in my thoughts, sorry." I smiled.

Jaehyun grabbed my hand and pulled me up. "Let's go, it's getting late." He said. We started walking together, before I realize Jaehyun hadn't let go of me hand, I stared at our hands, and then at him, and then back at our hands, and back at himㅡand so on.

"Iㅡwhy are we still holding hands?" I asked him and wriggled my hands. Jaehyun looked down and his expression showed that he was also quite surprise. "But your hand fits mine perfectlyㅡmaybe that's why I didn't let go." He giggled, I flashed him a grin.

And slowly, he let go of my hand. Gosh, suddenly I regret asking him in the first place.

DEFINITELY NOT SOFT!!!!