Chapter Six

Harry couldn't help but be extremely impatient for the rest of the week. He couldn't wait for the training session with the Slytherins scheduled for Saturday night. While he was excited, he found he was also quite nervous. When he had done this for the Gryffindors, it had only led to them becoming extremely wary of him because of his magical abilities. From then on, Harry had always downplayed his skills, but he knew that if he wanted to teach the Slytherins anything worthwhile, then he would have to use a greater part of his abilities.

       Despite the endless possibilities of terrible things that could come from this plan, Harry still found himself to be extremely excited. He realized that it was probably due to the fact that at least Malfoy knew of how powerful he could be yet still accepted him (even if only for his usefulness).

       Finally, it was Saturday evening and Harry was preparing to leave for the meeting. Unfortunately, he was stopped just as he was about to leave the Gryffindor Common Room by Ron.

"Where do you think you're going?" Ron spat, "Preparing for the Tournament? I bet you're just itching to get started so that you can become the 'Champion'".

"No, Ronald, I'm just going to the library to do my Potions homework." Harry sighed heavily, just wanting Ron to move so that he could leave and meet the Slytherins.

"Fine," Ron said scathingly, before reluctantly moving out of the way.

       Confused as to why Ron would back down so quickly, Harry looked back on his way out the portrait hole. There, he saw Hermione standing with her arms crossed and Ron slowly turning red beside her. Bless Hermione! Harry thought, I'm still going to be late though...

       When Harry eventually got to the Room of Requirement, he found all of the Slytherins to already be waiting there for him. Immediately, the large group stopped whispering furiously to each other and looked towards Harry, who suddenly felt extremely self-conscious.

"Where have you been, Potter? Everyone else thought you were bailing on us!" Malfoy said to him quietly.

"Ronald almost didn't let me leave," Harry replied, not missing that Malfoy had stated that everyone else had doubted him, but not the blond himself.

"Ah, I figured he had something to do with it. He didn't hurt you or anything, right?" Blaise asked, appearing beside Malfoy.

       Both Harry and Malfoy laughed lightly at that, "Please," the blond said, "I'm sure Potter can handle Weasley!"

"Thanks for the vote of confidence, Malfoy! Now, let us begin!" Harry said with a small smile, thinking that he rather liked it when the blond complimented him, "Now! We will start by sorting you into groups based on your skill level, not age. I will be the one to tell you which group you are to be put into."

       Harry explained how he could tell someone's skill level if they performed magic on him. Therefore, he had everyone line up and cast Expelliarmus on him in order to judge their ability. It took a little while for him to get through everyone, but he knew the time spent now would be worth it later on. Eventually, he was down to the last three people: Zabini, Parkinson, and Malfoy. Zabini and Parkinson were both put into the advanced group, leaving Malfoy for last.

"Alright Malfoy, don't hold back on me," Harry smirked.

"Oh, I won't," Malfoy said with a wink, before casting his spell at Harry.

       Harry was taken by surprise as not only did his wand fly over to the blond as he had expected, but he was also cast backwards into the wall behind him. Luckily, the wall had turned into mats the second he started flying towards them.