The mysterious visitor

I'm laying on my bed staring at the ceiling when there's a knock at the front door. I run downstairs and open it, hoping it's someone who came to take me away from this hell hole. I yank open the door in my excitement.
"Hello sir, may I help you?" I ask him.
"Are your parents home?" He asks.
"No, they are out shopping. What can I help you with sir?" I ask confused.
"May I come in out of the cold?" He asks, very politely. I nod, opening the door wider for him and letting him pass me. I close it behind him.
"Would you like some coffee or tea, Mr?" I ask him.
"Snape, Severus Snape. Coffee would be great, thank you," He says. I make his coffee black with two sugars, take it back into the family room and hand it to him, not showing any indication that I know who he is though I do.
"Here you go, sir," I say. He takes a drink and smiles.
"Thank you, miss?" He says.
"Doyle. Emma Marie Doyle," I say, sitting down across from him.
"If you don't mind me asking, sir, why are you here?" I ask him.
"I'm here to talk to you. Have you ever done things you can't explain?" He asks. I nod, confused.
"You are a witch. There is a school in Scotland where you can learn to control your powers and use them for good. The headmaster sent me to get you," He says, taking a letter out of his pocket and handing it to me.

'Dear Ms. Doyle,
We are pleased to inform you that you have been accepted at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Please find enclosed a list of all necessary books and equipment.
Term begins on 1 September. We await your owl by no later than 31 July.
Yours sincerely,
Minerva McGonagall

Minerva McGonagall
Deputy Headmistress
Second page
HOGWARTS SCHOOL of WITCHCRAFT and WIZARDRY

UNIFORM
First-year students will require:
1. Three sets of plain work robes (black)
2. One plain pointed hat (black) for day wear
3. One pair of protective gloves (dragon hide or similar)
4. One winter cloak (black, with silver fastenings)
Please note that all pupil's clothes should carry name tags.
COURSE BOOKS
All students should have a copy of each of the following:
The Standard Book of Spells (Grade 1)
by Miranda Goshawk
A History of Magic
by Bathilda Bagshot
Magical Theory
by Adalbert Waffling
A Beginner's Guide to Transfiguration
by Emeric Switch
One Thousand Magical Herbs and Fungi
by Phyllida Spore
Magical Drafts and Potions
by Arsenius Jigger
Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them
by Newt Scamander
The Dark Forces: A Guide to Self-Protection
by Quentin Trimble
OTHER EQUIPMENT
1 wand
1 cauldron (pewter, standard size 2)
1 set glass or crystal vials
1 telescope
1 set brass scales
Students may also bring if they desire, an owl OR a cat OR a toad.
PARENTS ARE REMINDED THAT FIRST YEARS

ARE NOT ALLOWED THEIR OWN BROOMSTICK

Yours sincerely,
Lucinda Thomsonicle-Pocus ' I read it then look at him.

"When do we leave sir?" I ask.
"Now if you wish," He says. I nod and run upstairs to grab a couple of things like my art set, my collection of high heels, my favorite leather jacket, the locket my biological father gave me before he died and the engagement and wedding ring set that my biological mother gave me before she disappeared. She couldn't deal with my step-dad pushing her around. I know she was a witch and a professor at Hogwarts. We leave and he takes me to Diagon Alley first, to get my school supplies. We get everything then he apparates us to Hogwarts. We get to the headmaster's office and the heads of all four houses are there. Snape, it turns out, is the head of Slytherin. The others are McGonagall who's the head of Gryffindor, Flitwick who's head of Ravenclaw and Sprout who's head of Hufflepuff. I look around and recognize McGonagall. She looks at me and is shocked.
"Mom?" I ask, slowly making my way over to her. She lifts me up and spins me around as I cry on her shoulder.
"Oh, Lizzy. Where have you been?" She asks.
"We'll catch up later. I need to get sorted and settled in," I say. The hat sorts me into Slytherin and Professor Snape leads me down to the common room. He takes me in and shows me where my dorm is and tells me that I have it to myself. I go down and draw two matching journals then pull them out of the pages. I have the power to make my drawings real. I put my name in one and mom's in the other then have my owl, Genevieve, take it to her along with a note stating what it is and what it can do. She writes in it a couple of minutes later and I immediately get it and respond.
"Why aren't you at dinner?" She asks, concerned.
"Not hungry," I say.
"You still need to keep up appearances on the first day so get down here or I will send Snape to get you, drag you up here and stand over you to make sure you eat," She says.
"Whatever mom. I'll see you in class tomorrow," I say, closing the journal, grabbing pajamas, my iPod touch Gen 5 and the Bluetooth speaker then go into the bathroom to take a hot and relaxing shower before going to bed. Mom is true to her word and sends professor Snape to get me just like she said she would. He comes into my room and looks around to see where I am until he hears the sound of the shower shutting off. He walks in to talk to me and stops dead when he sees the scars all over my body.
"Emma?" He asks, concerned.
"You should get used to calling me by my birth name which is Elizabeth Severina Malfoy. Mom made you my godfather in case anything ever happened to her and dad," I explain. He nods and kisses my forehead.
"Night my sweet Lizzy," He says, tucking the covers around me.
"Night Sev," I say. The next morning I walk downstairs with my robes billowing behind me and my arms and legs showing even through the robes.
"Look at her. Scars all over her like she couldn't protect herself from whoever she was living with. Pathetic. She's a disgrace of a Slytherin," A blonde kid named Draco Malfoy says. I march over to him and slap him.
"My father will be hearing about this," He says. I smirk.
"Good. You can tell him what you said about your cousin to warrant being slapped. My dad was your uncle. Now, if you'll excuse me I'm going to be late for potions," I say, turning and running out of the common room, not letting him see the tears on my face. I stumble into the empty potions classroom and collapse on the floor, sobbing.
"Lizzy? You don't have potions until second period," He says then sees the tears.
"What happened?" He asks, wrapping his arms around me, comforting me.
"Malfoy. He said ' " Look at her. Scars all over her like she couldn't protect herself from whoever she was living with. Pathetic. She's a disgrace of a Slytherin," ' " I tell him.
"I had to tell him that I was his cousin after he threatened to tell uncle Lucius when I slapped him," I say. He holds me until I stop crying then realizes that I've fallen asleep.

Hey everyone, Cheyenne here. The 'talking' that Severus and Elizabeth do is in sign language. Hope you enjoy reading this. Peace out people.
Cheyenne.