MEMORIES

I stand on the bridge of the castle, leaning on the railing and looking out over the grounds.
"Lily? What's wrong kiddo?" A familiar voice, that I haven't heard since I was a baby, asks. I turn around and am shocked.
"James?" I ask tears in my eyes. He nods. I smile and tackle him in a hug.
"I can't believe you're here. I thought you were dead!" I say.
"Well, I'm not. You never answered my question, Lilly," He says. I sigh.
"I was just thinking about mom and how much I miss her," I explain.
"There's no reason for you to miss me baby girl. I haven't gone anywhere," A familiar voice says. I look in that direction and smile.
"Mom!" I say, running over and hugging her.
"Come on, we have to tell dad. He's the new transfiguration teacher since Kingsley took over as headmaster," I explain. I grab her hand and apparate us into the Transfiguration classroom.
"Dad? There's someone you should see," I say to him. He looks up and is shocked at who's behind me.
"Minerva? But, you're dead," He says. She smirks.
"Not true. I've been in hiding so that, that bastard Albus fuck-everything-up Dumbledore couldn't get me," She says. He nods. He gets up and they hug while I walk out with tears in my eyes, missing Tom. I haven't seen him in two weeks and for all I know he could have decided that I wasn't good enough for him and found somebody new. Just then a pair of strong arms grabs me and apparates us out to the Black Lake. I turn to see who it is and it's the person I wanted to see.
"I thought you didn't love me anymore," I say. He shakes his head.
"I've been setting up for our anniversary," He says. He gestures at the scenery around us and I look around and smile.

"It's beautiful! When did you do this?" I ask him. He smirks.

"While you were reuniting your parents," He says. I smile and kiss him.

"Thank you," I say. He nods. We sit down and eat then he helps me to my feet and we dance. As we dance memories swirl before my eyes and tears come into my eyes. We finish dancing and the magic that was swirling around us is broken. I rush back to the castle with Tom following behind me. I run into dad's quarters and lock myself in my room, hiding from the memories that still haunt me. Tom tries the doorknob and finds it locked and, knowing that I won't talk to him until I'm ready, goes to get dad from the potions classroom where he's grading essays.

"Severus, may I talk to you for a minute?" Tom asks him. He sets his papers aside and looks up.

"What's wrong Tom?" He asks when he sees the concerned look on his face.

"Lily and I were dancing on the grounds and as we danced I noticed a faraway look in her eyes, almost like she was lost in memories of the past. We stopped dancing and she bolted up here. She's locked herself in her room and I know that she won't talk to me until she's ready but she'll talk to you," He says. Dad nods, gets up, comes into our quarters and comes into my room. He closes the door and sits on the bed next to me. I'm sitting on the bed, staring into the mirror across the room. He puts his hand on my shoulder and I snap out of it.

"You ok kiddo? You looked a little distant just now," He says, worried. I sigh. 

"Just lost in some old memories. Nothing too bad," I tell him.

"You sure? Tom looked pretty concerned when he came to get me. Please talk to us kiddo. We want to help but we can't if you don't talk to us," He explains to me. I nod. I get up, walk out of my room, change into a black floor length dress and black heels with a flick of my wand then walk out of our quarters and down to the Black Lake. They follow me and Tom wraps his arms around me from behind while dad puts his hand on my shoulder. Just then I shudder.

"Oh shit!" I say, pulling away from Tom and dad and running a little ways away just before I shift.

"Lily?" Dad asks, confused. I shift back and i'm back to wearing my floor length dress and high heels. 

"Sorry. That was my power overflowing. That only happens when something bad has happened or is about to happen. I have a feeling it's about to happen," I say. I change myself into a tracksuit and sneakers then change into my black panther form and run back towards the school. Dad and Tom shift into their snow leopard and tiger forms and follow me to the astronomy tower. I get there and shift back just in time to stop Dumbledore from sending a spell at my cousin that will release his fingers from the railing. I shift into my thunderbird form and fly under Draco, telling him in his mind that it's ok to let go because I'll catch him. He does and lands on my back. I fly down to the black lake and let Draco slide off of my back before shifting back to human. I look at dad and Tom, who are shocked, and the next thing I know I'm tackled by a certain blonde.

"Thank you Lily," he says. I smile.

"No problem Dragon," I say, calling him the translation of his name which is the family nickname for him because he's always been as feisty and protective as a dragon.