05 - "Never lose a chance."

Edited - if you happen to find any more grammar or spelling mistakes, do leave a comment and I will get to editing that mistake as soon as possible. Thank you very much.

With love, Billie.

Photo: Lily Collins as Krista Tale

- - - - -

January 2010

Blair Westfield

It was another New Year, finally a New Year and ever since what happened with Zach and I few days ago on Christmas's Eve, I'd finally accepted the fact that Zach Quick was officially out of my life. I went home that day and cleared my room of Zach's gifts. I threw everything away, at least almost everything. I kept the bracelet he gave me the year before we fell out. I always wore the bracelet no matter what happened but this year, I would not wear it anymore. I did not throw it away because I still wanted to keep at least one memory of Zach and me but I chose not to wear it anymore because I wanted to tell people that I was no longer affected by what happened to Zach and I. It was a year now and I really needed to get a life. I was a nerd with amazing friends such as Krista, Sebastian, Zoe and Jamie. And as a nerd, I was very lucky to have Jamie crushing on me. All I needed to do now was not ponder over the sad or depressing stuff and get on with life like a normal teenager.

"Good morning Blair." I beamed at Jamie as he sat next to me. Fortunately and unfortunately, all of us were in the same class for every subject this year and most probably for the next few years until we graduated. When I said all of us, everyone knew who they were, the usual names I mentioned all the time.

"Good morning Jamie."

Jamie raised an eyebrow and had a slight smirk. "Well, someone is happy on the first day of school."

I punched Jamie's arm playfully as I giggled. "Are you sure Krista will allow you to seat next to me?" I smirked and tried to shoo him away but obviously I failed.

"Who cares? You're in the last row for once and this seat is VIP seat."

"That is why you need to get your ass off this chair and let me take it. Nobody needs Blair more than me." Krista pulled Jamie away from the seat by his ear and sat down as Jamie rubbed his red ear on the floor next to Krista.

"With such a strength, you shouldn't be a girl at all." Jamie glared at Krista and I laughed softly. They were just playful, they always were that was why I was usually happy being with them. They made me laugh with their constant arguments about the smallest things.

"Too bad, I have breasts and you know, that." Krista emphasised and I burst out laughing. "You need to build a bridge and freaking get over it." Krista stuck out her tongue and Jamie scowled back at her. I was enjoying this a lot.

"Krista and Jamie arguing again! What's new?" Sebastian walked up to the both of them and high fived me. This was the way we greeted each other good morning nowadays - since last year. "Now, we do not want to watch shows in the middle of classes, so Jamie, would you please scoot over to the other side so I can seat in between Krista and you?"