the loving - 2.6

it struck us hard that day when i suddenly voiced my fears.

we were both in the open kitchen.
i was leaning against the counter while you were frying burger patties.
taehyung, hoseok, jimin and jungkook were in the living room playing a racing game.

"we should have dinner outside, what do you think?" you said.

yes —
but.

"like a date?" i asked.

"yeah," you replied giddily. "to a fancy restaurant or something. a classic first date?"

yes. yes, please, god, yes!

"the paparazzi," i said quietly.

i'm sorry i said the awful truth.
hearing it myself made so sick to the stomach that i couldn't look at you.
your smile fell from your face for just a split second,
then you said,
"it's alright. we'll do some other thing."

"thank you," i said.

but,
will we ever be able to make a life together under the eyes of the rest of the world?

"hey," you smiled, approaching me.
your patties were done and kept on a paper towel to dry.
"don't blame yourself."

"but—"

"it's not your fault, namjoon-ah. heck, it isn't even a fault," you said.

you wrapped your arms around my neck, looking down at my crouching figure.

i let myself melt into you,
placing my hands on your waist.
you smiled.

"have you thought of the future, hyung?" i asked quietly.

i did not want jungkook, hoseok, tae or jimin to overhear us.

"yes."

you keep surprising me, hyung.

"well," i muttered. i can't think straight and talk properly with you leaning so close to me. "aren't you worried?"

your lips touched my temples.
"i am."

"oh," i whispered, gripping your shirt tight. you kissed my cheekbones next.

"i am terrified of the outcome," you said, planting feathery kisses on my cheeks. my eyes closed on their own accord.

"but i have you now," you said, kissing the corner of my lips.
i was pretty sure that the boys were eavesdropping now.
"and as long as i have you, i believe we can fight through, together."

i pulled you closer, pressing you against me, trapping you between my legs.
i placed my lips on yours.
that's all i need right now.
you.

i heard a clearing of throat behind us.

"i did not need to see the two of you making out right after i woke up," yoongi hyung grumbled grabbing a burger patty.

involuntarily, we laughed.
then we kissed some more.