First official date (insert giggles here)

Alright guys! I'm going to right my first ever really cute chapter.

I have a hard time writing and reading parts like this I usually (true story) yell "Nope!" put my head under the cover and stay there a few moments before attempting to read the book again.

Then I usually grin like an idiot and sometime turn my phone off when it gets too cute. I am weird I know. That or I squeal and make comments that are extremely stupid.

So here goes nothing!

Maddison's POV

I'm laying down on the bed just looking at random things on my phone when I feel the bed sink next to me.

I lazily look up and see Marshall staring at me with a huge grin. I cautiously turn my phone off.

"You are smiling. What's going on?" I ask carefully.

"I can't simply be smiling for no reason?" Marshall questions scooting closer.

I keep my distance "No you cannot. State your business"

He laughs before kissing me "We are going on a date tonight"

I smile "Pizza?"

He shakes his head "No. We are going on a serious date this time. No fast foods or any of the restaurants you know. I've made a reservation in a really nice restaurant in an hour so dress up"

I throw my head back and groan "Dress up?" I whine.

He pecks my lips before getting off the bed "Yep. Hurry, you ain't got much time left to prepare"

I burry my head in the bed "Kill me!" I mumble.

After a few seconds of whining and cursing I realize he is not joking so I lazily get up and reluctantly look through my clothes.

My choices aren't really wide since my wardrobe mostly consists of jeans and t-shirts. Dress up?

That means fancy and shit right? Oh yeah, I'm definitely going to fit right into the freaking restaurant!

I groan and look through the stuff I left in my luggage. 

I'm about to give up when something catches my attention. It's a very old brown box and I immediately feel my eyes water up.

I carefully open it and pass my fingers through the familiar tissue. I take the dress out of the box and hold it out.

It's a beautiful dress my mom gave me as a gift. It was the dress she used on the first date she went with my dad.

I smile at the memory. The dress is basically a one shoulder black dress that falls to my knees. It has some detail on the waist and simply flows. It's beautiful yet simple.

I take some underwear and quickly dress. 

I had some trouble getting in the dress but it does fit. I look at the mirror and I feel a tear roll down my cheek.

I look so much like my mom. I sight and decide to simply brush my hair since I have no idea what to do with it.

"What color are you wearing?" I hear Marshall shout.

"Hot pink!" I yell back.

"Maddison!" I hear him scold.

I chuckle "Black!"

When I don't hear and answer I look at my shoes. I literally only have one pair of flats and they don't fit anymore. I shrug and put on my black converse.