Ch. 2 - Back To Normal

Angus's POV

I heaved myself out of bed as sunlight creeped into the room. As I got to my feet, I realized I might be late for work- but not if I get ready fast enough. And run. I can't run... Maybe I should just walk. Maybe. "Gregg." I step into the living room, and see that Gregg didn't move one bit, as usual. You can tell he's a heavy sleeper. He looks cute when he sleeps. I don't want to wake him up... but I have to. I walk up to the couch and shake Gregg. "Wake up, hon. We're both going to be late to work." "Uuuuugh..." Gregg begins to stretch out, and yawn. "Come on, Gregg. I know it's hard for you, but we have to go to work. We need this money to move, remember?" Gregg's shoulders slowly moved along with his steady breath. "Okay. But, we have to get coffee. Deal?" A playful smirk and a glimmer in his eyes show on his fluffy, adorable little face. I feel myself blushing... "Okay, fine. You have a deal. Now let's get ready. We're going to be really late..."

    After I dropped Gregg off at the Snack Falcon, I headed in the direction of Video Outpost "Too". Maybe I should ask my boss for a raise. If she can give me one, at least. As I continue to walk, I begin to catch a glimpse of a store with DVDs and other things hanging on racks in the window.Well, it's time for work I guess. I hope people feel like renting DVDs today...

   *Hours later...*

    Gregg's POV

    Ugh. I'm so tired of pop music right now. More like elevator music... I check my phone for the time. It's 5:15.When will my shift be over??? I tap my paws on the counter. This is so boring. I wish Mae was here. Maybe we can go to  band practice! Then I remember what Angus told me this morning. He's right. I need to focus. Just for now. When we move, I can find a better job! A less boring job anyway. My thoughts were interrupted by a tall, blue bird entering the store. I'll think about this later. Right now, I have a job to do.

    *About 15 minutes pass*

    Bleh. I feel lightheaded. Wait, what time is it? Once again, I check my phone. 5:30! Yes!! I'm finally free. I walk out of Snack Falcon and lock up. After what happened, I feel the need to lock up everything. Just in case. As I walk home, I feel my stomach rumble. I can't wait to eat whatever Angus is going to cook. He's really good at cooking. Just when I approached our apartment door, I smelled something. Something cheesy... and warm. I open the door and shout "I'm hooooome!!" I closed the door and locked up. Again, you never know what will happen. "How was your day, bug?" Angus asked, plopping himself down on the couch, cradling a steamy bowl of nachos in his paws. "Boring" I responded, as I sat next to him and grabbed a chip. "But I was looking forward to coming home and seeing you, Cap'n!" I took a bite into my gooey-cheese covered chip. Mmmmmm, cheesy bean nachos!! So cheesy... "How 'bout you?", I ask. Angus seemed pretty happy. I wonder what happened... "Guess what." I gazed at him. "What??" I was so full of curiosity. What could it be?? Tell me!! So excited. What what what?? My mind was racing. "I got a pay raise." With a surprised expression frozen on my face, I stared at him. "AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!" I tackle hug Angus, causing the nachos to fly off of the couch. Angus giggles as a nacho confetti rains down on us. I've kissed him so many times that night, I lost count. I feel so happy!! He must so proud of himself... After I was done celebrating with him, we decided to clean up the nachos and play some video games. After Angus won for the 5th time, I decided it was time to get to bed. I'll be better tomorrow. I'll work hard, for Angus. When we can get out of here, he'll be even happier than today.