Ch. 6 - The Confession Pt. 2

//Author's Note// Oh my god. I am flipping out. What the fuuuuuck!? 1K views??? That's insane!!! I love you all so much for reading this fanfic. You all are amazing. ❤️

~Narrator's POV~

    As Gregg and Mae grew closer to their destination, Gregg began to dawdle awkwardly. His vision blurry, and his heart beating in his ears. He couldn't take it, and he knew this. Mae was dragging her feet in the gravelly road, kicking up dust and pebbles.

"Gregg." Mae finally spoke, breaking the unfamiliar awkward tension between the pair. Gregg huffed, exhausted from the long and, strangely quiet, walk. "What?" Gregg looked over in Mae's direction. "It's going to be okay. Let's just tell them we found his body somewhere or somethi-" Mae abruptly stopped in the middle of her sentence, when she noticed Gregg's wet eyes. His lips quivering violently.

"Mae... what is WRONG with you?!" He screamed, causing Mae to jump back, shock by Gregg's outburst. "Gregg, calm down! Jeez! Look, all I'm saying is that we have to make something up. Or something! We just can't tell anyone about the weird universal, mystery-being cult, alright?" Mae explained, her eyes darting back and forth anxiously. Gregg narrowed his eyes, staring straight into Mae, wondering why she was so worried. "Why can't we tell them about the stupid cult?? They're dead. They're gone! The cult doesn't exist anymore, because we killed them!"

Gregg was torn. Shattered. He was so stressed, about moving, the death of Casey, whether he was losing Angus or not. Mae on the other hand, was thinking differently. She saw things that night. She felt things. Dreamt. Mae new this mysterious danger was real, and very alive. She didn't want to tell anyone about the subject until she figured out a few things. Like, whether the thing in the pit was blown up with the cult- or still alive, and is just trapped beneath boulders. Waiting to be unleashed, somehow.

~Gregg's POV~

How are we going to do this? What are we going to say?? All of this is insane, why can't we just tell them this cult exists? Or used to exist...

Breathe.

It's going to be okay.

Breathe.

You have to do this, Gregg.

Breathe.

You can do this.

Just breathe.

    I still feel streams of tears flow over my face. Hands shaking. I just need a hug. From Angus. I craved his warm embrace. So sweet and soft. You would become dependent on those hugs. Like a drug... Under my tears, my cheeks become hot at the thought of Angus giving me a hug, telling me it will be okay. He's my drug.

~Mae's POV~

    This is ridiculous. I feel bad. But we have to do this. This is a secret. Our secret. We have cold blood on our hands. If we told them everything, we might get arrested! Of course, Gregg doesn't think about that. Ugh. I hate this. He does crime all the time. He never thinks about what would happen, if we told anyone. "Gregg." Gregg ignores me. Great. He's mad at me now. Please, don't be upset right now. You're too good of a person. You can't help this. It's okay.

"Dude. I'm sorry, alright? Let's figure this out. The thing is, I don't want to get arrested. If we tell Casey's parents the full truth, they might report what we did to the cult after. We murdered a bunch of people, that murder people. By trapping them down in an abandoned mine. They're probably going to starve down there. Look, they're better off not known, okay? They're better off a secret." Gregg finally looks up at me. He sighs. "Fine," he mumbles, his voice low and dry.

~Time Skip As Mae and Gregg Come Up With Something~

~Gregg's POV~

Holy pierogi, we're actually doing this. Mae and I stare up at the beige house. It looked more faded and dusty than I remembered. Its almond-colored roof and window sills softly glowed in the sunlight, appearing welcoming. Although, it's welcoming facade did not hide the sorrow the building held within its walls. Breathe. Okay. You can do this. I push the doorbell. Now, Mae and I wait.

//Author's Note// HaHAAAAAA I left you at a cliff hanger >:)