Chapter 3

It was after sometime of standing the circle that people started to move towards all the tables that were in the middle of the court. No one pushed or shoved to get to a certain seat they all seemed to know there places. My mom sat towards once side of the table and she told me to sit next to her for lunch today. Everyone was sitting but once the castle doors opened everyone stood up and watched as the King and Queen with their children came out and headed towards my end of the table. I was holding in all my excitement about being able to sit close to the royal family, I knew that this was the best dream that I had. We all bowed as they were seated at the head of the table. The King was at the head of the table with his Queen on the right side of him. I loved this because it showed that he trusted no one else over her. The princess sat across from me and I gave her a smile as I sat down in my chair. My mother was next to the Queen and they were talking to each other like they were best friends. The princess was sitting next to her brother who was busy talking with his father. I wasn't sure who to talk to and where I should be looking.I felt like I was going to change the fabric of time if I did anything wrong and I didn't want to destroy anyone's life here.

"Lady Lily did I do something to upset you?"

I looked up to see that the princess was the one asking the question.I did glance to each side of me to see if there was someone behind me that she may be talking to. When I saw I was the only one in her view that she was talking to me. My nerves went back up again like they did in the circle with the nobles.

"No nothing is wrong. Why do you ask your highness?"

It would have been helpful to have some sort of memory on who or what I knew in this period. Trending lightly around everyone was going to be hard because I didn't know who I was close too and how to talk to them.

"Your highness? You haven't called me that since your family came to court over six years ago. Now I know something is wrong for you to be acting like we are nothing."

The one thing I didn't want to do I just did and now I didn't know what to do that would make everything seem fine. By saying two words I had made it clear that something was wrong with me.

"I promise you have done nothing wrong. I just seem to be a little out of it. I think it was from the ball last night."

"Didn't you have so much fun last night? Once the dinner is over I need to ask you a question."

"Okay."

Now I was a little worried as to what it could be. I watched as the King waved to have the meal started. It took a couple of hours to get through the different courses and all the food was delicious. Once the plates were picked up I knew I would have to answer the princess's question.I wasn't sure how this conversation would go.

"Daddy can myself and Lily be excused?"

"Yes you two behave."

We both nodded and then stood from the table. I followed her as she made her way over to the gardens and continued to follow her through the maze of the shrubs. It didn't take long to make it to the middle of the maze where the fountain was. There was a bench in front of the fountain and that is where I went to sit and have this talk.

"So now you have to tell me what is going on."

"I promise nothing is going on or wrong. I just don't remember a lot from last night."

"Well if you don't remember last night, then what could have happened to you?"

"I don't know to be honest. I wish I could remember something if I was able to remember something it would make things easier."