Chapter 7

I started to stir in my bed when I heard a knock on my door but I was still debating whether or not to get up and answer the door. I could still turn over in bed and go back to sleep. It was nice to be able to sleep. That's when I heard the knock again, I figured I should just answer to see what was going on. I got up I knew my hair and dress must be a mess but I didn't care. I walked over to the door and pulled it open.

"Did I wake you? I am sorry if I did I just wanted to check on you."

It was Elizabeth standing at the door, I guess she still wasn't going back to being mad at me. I was hoping she would just forget about being mad at all I knew it could be a possibility with her because of all the times she was upset with someone makes it hard for her to keep track of who she is upset with.

"Please come in. I was just waking up when you were knocking. I didn't realize how tired I really was, it was nice to just fall asleep. Last night my brain wouldn't shut off it was the worse."

"I know how that can go, I tend to start over thinking things and then I realize the sun is coming up and I haven't been to bed. On those days I usually just stick to my room and let people know to leave me alone."

Hearing her talk about having similar issues made me a little happy that I would always have someone to talk to that would understand where I was coming from. It would be a sad day when the castle would no longer have her in it. Elizabeth moved more into the room and sat down on the lounge and I was heading to sit down next to her when I heard another knock on the door. I gave a little shrug and went to open the door. I figured it was Philip seeing how he has popped up whenever his sister was around. When I opened the door it wasn't Philip is was a servant.

"Hello."

"Hello miss. I was told to tell you that a Lord Adam was hear asking to speak with you."

"Let him know I will be down in a few to speak with him."

She walked away and I shut the door. I knew Elizabeth was listening to what just was said. I wanted to go talk with someone I have known awhile that wasn't part of this whole thing at all. 

"I will see you later?"

She gave me a look and I knew she was questioning me now. I wish she would understand that Adam was just a friend and I needed a friend right now that wouldn't question me.I wanted to vent to someone and he would be that person, he had nothing invested in this.

"Yea don't forget about dinner."

I nodded and then headed out the door. It didn't seem to take me that long to make it to the entry way. I smiled as soon as I saw his face, he was standing near the door looking unsure of what he should be doing. 

"Adam it is so good to see you."

"Missed me that much?"

"Do you want to go for a walk through the gardens?"

I nodded and he held the door open. We walked side by side through the gardens looking at the different flowers. I didn't have to be formal around him, I could just be myself without having to think about my next move.

"Adam it is nice to be able to see you. Last night was horrible because I wasn't able to sleep at all. I never realized how much I would miss my home until I left."

"Lily you don't have to stay here. You can go back home and decide to live your life a different way."

"Adam you know I can't. I am in the process of being engaged to marry Philip. I am sure you heard that, everyone in the town is talking about it. I would bring shame to my family if I left and broke off the engagement."