Chapter 18

It was beginning to feel like that lovely dream I had about going back in time was becoming my nightmare. It seemed to be all I was thinking about lately. As it happened when I was there little details began to slip my mind. The servants' names were getting harder to remember. The one person who didn't seem like they would be disappearing anytime soon was Phillip. I could be in the middle of music class and a certain melody or the way someone would say something would cause me to think of him. I would always wonder what he would be up too. Since Kara had told me about the new student I was still trying to figure out who was new in my school. I should have probably paid attention a little more to who was who. She would tell me about his gorgeous eyes and how tall he was. I tried not to think about him too much because he would bring up feelings for Phillip and I was trying to move on from that. I had been going through my days on auto pilot. I was just doing the motions and saying the right words.

"So I was thinking it would be a great idea. Don't you think?"

"Yea that does sound like a good idea."

"Great so we will pick you up around 6."

She was smiling and so happy now. It took a few seconds for the words she said to make their way through my brain. When it clicked I knew I was in trouble now. I had no idea what I just has promised to go do with her and it was more than just her because she said we.

"We?"

"Yea me and John and his best friend. Didn't you listen to any of what I was just talking to you about?"

"I heard bits and pieces but I didn't hear the whole thing."

"Well John is the new guy I have been talking to you about. His friend moved here too. I didn't get the whole story as to why they moved here but John wanted to take me out but didn't want to leave his friend with no one. That's when I told him about you and it worked out."

"Okay it sounds fun."

Kara got the answer she wanted and made her way down the hall to her next class. I closed my locker and made my way in the opposite direction. It was the start of my weekend and I had plans with complete strangers. I was hoping this was going to turn out better than what was going on in my head. I zoned out in the rest of my classes thinking about what I could wear. I had the choice to pick between trying to impress or just letting myself go how I am. I knew I was going to impress who ever this new boy was and I had the perfect dress in mind.

After school was done, I made my way back home and went straight up to my room. My mom wasn't home yet and I knew it would be hours before my dad was even a thought of being home. I started to go through all my clothes trying to find the dress I was thinking of. I had torn up my whole closet and the dress was nowhere to be found and I was starting to worry about what to wear. I started going back through all my outfits to see if I could find something that would be second place. I was still trying to figure out why I was so concerned with impressing someone I didn't even know. After a few minutes of searching and a text from Kara saying there were heading my way I found a light pink sundress and threw that on. It was just in time for the car to pull up in front of the house. I left a note for my mom to know where I would be and made my way out to the car. I was guessing that John was driving. I couldn't really see his face. Kara was in the passenger seat next to him so I made my way to the back door and slide in behind Kara.

"Hey."

"Hey, Lily this is John and John this is Lily."

"Nice to meet you John."

He was a good looking guy I would give that to her. I looked over to the seat that was behind him but there was no one there. It felt weird to be here when it was supposed to be a double date so to speak.