ONE ~ Reader's PoV

"I can make it!" I muttered, running down the sidewalk towards TCA. I clenched my backpack straps tightly as I ran. "Almost there..."

I skidded to a halt, panting, and narrowly missed a blur of white and black.

"Hey! Watch-" I began. I cut myself off when I saw who it was after they had stopped. "Rin?"

Rin looked at me. "Sorry, (L/N)!"

"It's fine. Wait, you go to True Cross Academy too, right?" I asked.

Rin nodded, catching his breath. "I heard we were getting a new student, but I didn't know it would be you! It's been forever!"

I grinned. "I hope you've been staying out of trouble. Say, I didn't know you wanted to be an exorcist!"

Rin walked next to me as we continued towards the school. He rubbed the back of his head awkwardly. "Well...haha. It's a long story. You probably don't want to hear-"

"Are you kidding me? Of course I want to hear it! Tell me at lunch today. But for now, we should hurry!"

...

"(L/N) (Y/N)? It's been so long!"

I jumped, whisking around and accidentally whacking the person behind me with my schoolbook.

"Yukio? Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry!" I apologized quickly, helping him up because I had knocked him down.

"Ah, it's fine, heh. Just a bruise. I didn't know you were going to become an exorcist!"

I couldn't help but notice two sharp canines in Yukio's mouth as he spoke. I giggled, realizing I saw them in Rin's as well.

"You look like a vampire!" I giggled.

Yukio paused for a moment before laughing nervously. "Heh, I guess I do!"

"So, you're a teacher here?" I asked, closing my locker door behind me, walking down the hallway to the cafeteria.

"Yeah, I was taught by Shiro until I was old enough to start learning things on my own," Yukio told me.

"What's with the teeth and ears?" I asked suddenly. "And Rin has a tail."

Yukio frowned for a moment, deciding to tell me. "Well, you know how Shiro used to tell you stories about Rin and my parents?"

I stopped walking. "No way. How?"

"Well, our magic is contained in a sword that Rin carries on his back at all time. If the sword is unsheathed, so are our powers, and we get surrounded in blue flame. No one really knew I was a demon until... Well, until I was possessed by Satan."

As Yukio told his story, his eyes stared at the ground. I stayed silent, starting to walk again.

When we reached the cafeteria, I looked at him. "Can you show me?"

Yukio tilted his head in confusion. "Huh?"

"Your flames. Can you show me later?"

Yukio glanced away, scratching at the back of his neck awkwardly. "Hm... We'll see."

I nodded and bought my food, hurrying over to where Rin was sitting, with a group of other kids. Four guys and two girls. One guy had two toned hair and a ton of piercings, another had pink hair, the next one had gray hair that was shaved and red glasses, and the other one was messing around with a puppet. Next were the girls. One of them had neat blonde hair that went down to her shoulders, and she was leaning on Rin. The other reminded me of a whore, she had long red hair and wore only a bra and booty shorts. She had a beer in her hand and I wrinkled my nose slightly, plopping down in between Rin and the boy with two-toned hair.

"Eh? Who are you?" the boy asked, frowning.

"Oh. Guys, this is my childhood friend, (Y/N)."

"Hi! I'm Shiemi Moryama!" The blonde girl grinned at me kindly and waved.

"You can just call me Bon," the two-toned haired boy said.

I giggled. "Bon? That's so girly."

The redheaded girl snorted a drunk laugh and threw the empty beer can at Bon. "She sure told you!"

Bon rolled his eyes and took a bite of his food.

The puppet boy just stared at me and shrugged. I looked at the shaved guy and smiled.

"Hi," I said.

"Hi, I'm Konekomaru Miwa," he introduced himself, adjusting his glasses.

Yukio walked over and sat on the other side of me so that I was squashed between him and Rin.

Suddenly, tension seemed to fill the air. There was an awkward silence, and I felt confused.

"Um... Guys?" I asked breathlessly, wiggling between the twins. "Kinda can't breathe here."

"Right, sorry," Yukio muttered, moving towards Bon a little more.

"Hmph," I turned my head to look at the two brothers, then moved so that I was sitting on my knees.

I grabbed them by their heads and pulled them close to me. "LOVE EACH OTHER, DAMMIT!"

This caused them both to jump back in surprise. Everyone else laughed, and I smiled when the twins started to laugh awkwardly.

So far, my first day was going pretty good.